Thursday, June 18, 2015

Dreamy Duck Diapers

Ahhhhh, bird love.
The pool is open, clear and leaking. Two out of three, I can't complain. Well, I can and will but I'll hold off until I get the water bill.
Its been cold, crappy and rainy here. So the only ones enjoying to pool are the ducks. I don't want to be a bad hostess but they shit EVERYWHERE! Den offered to shoot them and make them into dinner. With my luck, he would just injure them and I would end up having to name them and nurse them back to health. It's easier just to clean up their crap.
I've been planting away. The problem with hanging baskets is that they dry out so so quickly.
We added diapers to the bottom of the baskets and this is really helping to hold in the moisture. It's been a few decades since we had to buy diapers. Let's hope that it is a few more decades before we need diapers.
Anna called me and told me that she had two dreams that she was pregnant. The scary thing was in the same week, I dreamed twice that she was pregnant. The even scarier part was that my MIL called me and said that she had a dream that I had a baby. We were all dreaming about babies the same week. I would like to interpret the dreams as we are giving birth to something new. That better be it!

Maybe our dreams were about my little garden. I mean, it gives birth to itself every year. It replants itself with the best of them. The only thing that I threw in there was the roots off of some green onions.
Maybe we will have little duckies and not babies around here. Right, right?
Napping,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

slugmama said...

Good Lord Woman! Do NOT go to sleep again and have THAT dream!!

And just remember that I make a mean Duck Stir-Fry too.....

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Yeah, I don't know what was going on. It was scary!
I'm not plucking feathers so it won't be happening. LOL

Anne in the kitchen said...

The ducks would drive me nuts. Ducks and geese are nothing more than pooping machines (unless they are dinner, that is) This summer we have only had our usual drowned chipmunks and a couple of shrews.
Since it is hot here now actual people are in the pool daily. The neighbors kids love it. (We have an agreement that they can ring the bell and ask to swim, but can't have their feelings hurt if it is not convenient. So far it works and it is kind of fun to see them playing. Not so fun for their parents who have to be here to watch them.)

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-When we bought this house the old owner told us the rules of the pool, don't let kids just come over to swim by themselves, EVER. He said to say that they can swim if their parents sit here and watch them. I had quite a few kids argue with me that their parents don't care and I could watch them. I said no, I have to speak to them. And a few parents would come over and introduce themselves and I met some wonderful people that way. You have to have rules with a pool or all you will be doing is babysitting.

Elephant's Child said...

I love the birds that visit us. I encourage them to visit. Their continence is an issue though. And when they steal ALL of my mulberries and crap indelible purple they piss me off to the max.
Love your garden.

McVal said...

Well, THAT'S a dream I hope you keep redoing! With our hanging plants that I killed off several years ago, there was a woven thick mat that came with them. It held water pretty well, but the plants still died. Probably because you have to water them at least once a week... Not a good fit for us.
I've missed you all!!!!! Trying to get caught up and mend fences. Don't hate me!

Linda said...

Thanks for reminding me to water my only hanging basket! My bsby dreams could only be chick dreams, thankfully! One daughter and I cannot have babies. The younger daughter has no children. Maybe you have been dreaming for me.

Frances said...

That is the one thing Hubby does not love about having plants. You have to water them regulary.

Jane said...

I often dream about babies - it seems to be a common theme, though I don't know why. I'm just damn grateful when I wake up that it was just a dream!!

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-They are getting a bit out of control. They act like they own the place. They need to learn their place.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-With all of the rain that we have been getting, we don't need the diapers. This is getting a bit out of control. We need to send some of it to CA. The sump pump is always running and its JUNE!
No fences to mend here!

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-I try to think of it as giving birth to something new. Yeah, that's it something new. Having a kid now would be a nightmare. We would be 60 by the time the kid was in college. That is a crazy thought.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You haven't posted any pics of your plants in a long time. DO you still plant veg?

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-It would really be a problem to try and deal with a kid at this point. Anna and DJ taught me how bad they can really be. I told Den I would give him the kid and leave. He said he would chase me down.