Thursday, June 11, 2015

Exposing Hint

This is a picture of the inside of my closet. It's a work in progress. I'm still trying to "find" space so that it doesn't seem like everything is messy and overcrowded.
I've gotten rid of quite a bit but still where does it all come from?
I keep all of my scarves on a hanger and I pinned it on the back wall. This freed up quite a bit of space.

I also hang stuff on the shelf supports. This is Anna's closet. Hmmmmm, it seems that I collect hangers too. You know, my closets would probably be empty if we got rid of the bottles, baskets, hangers that I hold on to. The list of things that I am hoarding keeps growing. Maybe I should stop taking pictures of our closets. I would look like a perfectly normal person if I could stop over-sharing with you.  Well, probably not but a girl can dream.
I guess I still have work to do but I'm sort of getting it together. Den swears that once we get the house just perfect, we will move. He said that was what happened to him when he was a kid. His parents fixed up the house just how they wanted it and then his dad would move them somewhere else. If we did ever move, I would take my "collections" with me.
Do you have any organizing tips?
Do you hoard lovingly gather items?
Hoard organizer,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I keep trying to get rid of stuff too. It's hard. You are either the type or you arent, I think.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I think Den is sneaking more stuff in when I sleep. Maybe DJ too.

Kimberly Hutmacher said...

With my closets, I've learned that everything (besides the hanging clothes) needs to be kept in clear totes. I need to be able to see what I have, otherwise I forget I have it and end up buying another :)

slugmama said...

Some things just need to stay in the closet, right cousin? ;-)

Elephant's Child said...

I am soooo not sharing any photos of my closets. Or of the way the books I obsessively collect are taking over the house. Perhaps if I staple contraceptives to the covers they will stop multiplying... Or if I just store things in condoms...

Practical Parsimony said...

I only have one closet! I envy you. I do collect lovely things. However. I do get rid of some necessary collections, like cool whip/yogurt/cottage cheese tubs. They collect for a time, then I throw out all but two and start collecting them again. That way, I am not a hoarder...lol.

We are: Clamco said...

I confess I have organized closets and cupboards that look like people's "after" photos. They look like that all the time and it's not because I'm perfect. Quite the opposite. I'm a little OCD I guess and I can't think clearly when things are messy. A place for everything and everything in its place otherwise I get distracted and can't concentrate. I think that's why I'm trying to do the minimalism thing. The less I have, the less I have to keep organized and be constantly putting away. The more I can think, relax and do other things. Does that make sense?

Jane said...

My clutter seems to mostly take the form of papers, books, bills, things I cut out of the newspaper to use later (hahahaha), computer cords, boxes of all shapes and sizes - I guess anything in the paper/cardboard family. I miss my big PEI fire pit!! About once a week i sort through all of my little piles and toss.

Frances said...

We have a lot of stuff, but it is all pretty well organized. Since Hubby and I share the bedroom closet, it stays pretty organized. I tend to try, a couple of times a year, to go through my closet and get rid of stuff I don't wear.

Yes, again, I am trying to sound perfect. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Kimberly Hutmacher-Since Anna has left, I'm hoping that eventually I can claim that closet as my own. I just keep going through it and then back through it. With my luck, I'll get it how I want it and she will move back in.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-You would tell.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-You made me laugh so so hard. I said so hard. Bahahahaha.
I think that if you left rubbers all over people would start talking.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-I have some of the funniest friends here. I also hoard plastic containers. I mean, I watch over them until Den pitches them.

Sonya Ann said...

We are: Clamco-It does make sense and its where I want to live. My house is clean and neat but there are things that I just can't seem to get right. I'm happy with the way that my closet is coming along though. Den said the other day that it does feel like we are making headway with all of the projects and its probably because things are getting fixed up how we want it and the kids aren't destroying something else.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-The fire department would be here if I burned everything that I wanted to. I'm just starting at the top and I'm going to make my way to the basement.
I cut things out and save them to be crafty and then never get to it and look like a hoarder. Damn.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm not going to say that you come here to show off BUT................
That was said teasingly and with love but still......................