Monday, June 29, 2015

Poor Planning

This is a picture of the area behind our garage and next to the pool. It's a dead area. We have never had anything there. Well, Den had a crappy boat when we first moved in but that went bye-bye.
The middle yard(it sounds like middle Earth from Lord of the Rings. Yes, I'm a dork.) has come together and the front yard needs a bit of work but it is passable. Our yard is divided into 3 sections. The back yard, the area with the pool, needs quite a bit of work.
So I am concocting a plan.

Yes, this is what we need to do. I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much. Ha!
Don't you think this is what we need to do? 
And since I'm dreaming, I'm throwing a hot tub over there too.
Oh hell, maybe we should tear down the pool and the deck and put in an inground pool. Perhaps, I should win the lotto before I start tearing things down.
This is a picture of the side of the house. It's a mess too. We usually drag junk over there when it won't fit in the garbage cans. And sometimes, I forget about feeding it in the cans and there is junk sitting there for a while. Don't tell anyone because I would be so ashamed if people knew about it.
So I'm cleaning this out too for................................................
Well maybe a fishing boat. I think we could squeeze, half carry, sorta drag a boat over there for Den. But I think that a hot tub should come first. Right?
Hmmmmm, again maybe I should work on winning the lotto first. Do you come up with crazy things like this too? Or am I in a delusional phase again?
Concocting,
Sonya Ann
.


16 comments:

slugmama said...

I think a lot of folks I know online have gone crazy lately.....thinking about buying or actually pulling the trigger on pools, boats, rvs and hot tubs. Is there such a thing as Summer Fever?

Me? I need to pull the trigger on a bathroom re-do. I've got the cash but I need to find the right time to have the work done. My life is not giving me a chance tho.

I'd take the pool down and put up a hot tube. Or better yet, get a boat and when Den isn't taking it out(which will be 360 of 365 days a year)you can fill it with water, but the motor inside the boat and soak in that.
I guess boats are multi-taskers, huh?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-It could be that everyone held off on buying things because they believed with the economy being so bad it was a bad move. But now that it seems to be on the upswing people are opening their pocketbooks. But don't fear, I was looking for something very, very used. I have seen people give them away just because they don't want them anymore. The problem is hauling it away.
If I were you, I would wait until the college boy is back at school. I always dread a remodeling job. The entire house seems to be in chaos and we always manage to break something else in the process. Finish one project and make another, I always say.
I'm not up for swimming in a boat and I have the feeling that the motor would leak gas in the water in the boat. Probably not the best way to do this. ;p

Janie Junebug said...

I think I'd put a bar in there.

Love,
Janie

Cheapchick said...

A sitting area that you could enjoy daily wouldn't break the bank. I bet $300-$500 would do it if you bought brand new and much cheaper if you bought used. The kids are costing you less...may be time to spend their inheritance mwah ha ha!

McVal said...

I think you should invest in CDs. Music is always so in!

And as for the middle yard... I like the idea of the in ground pool, but a hot tub would be pretty swank too!

Elephant's Child said...

Sigh. Rather a lot of do-overs are needed here too. I think the roof takes priority, which is v sad because no-one will be able to appreciate it - unless they are inside when it is raining...
While you are dreaming - dream BIG.

Kimberly Hutmacher said...

Our hundred year old house is a never ending project on the inside. I haven't had time to give much thought to the outside. We did put some mulch around the bushes in our front yard. That's about as fancy as we've gotten. As far as pools and hot tubs, we don't have those, but we do have a bird bath :)

Frances said...

I think you could make a cute little "patio" area in the "dead" space. And you are frugal. Hit the thrift stores to decorate it.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Dunno! We have a hot tub and I have to tell you it feels awfully good. Only trouble we have is our insanely hot temps and short legs. Since I am the owner of the short legs I have to straddle the side of the hot tub before getting fully in and YOWZA if I don't remember to cool it with water form the hose first.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-GOOD GOD WOMAN, HOW DID I MISS THAT!?!?!?!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm fine with leaving them nothing!!!! In fact, I'm sure they think we will drink it all anyways.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I say dream big cuz that's all I'm going to get here. I don't see a new hot tub or inground pool appearing anytime soon.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-Dreaming big is all I'm going to get around here!
We put a new roof on. It would rain in the house so it had to be done. It seems every house is a money pit. I keep telling Den that renting is the way to go. He isn't interested.

Sonya Ann said...

Kimberly Hutmacher-hahaha, I have a birdbath too and it is way easier to take care of then the pool.
I would be so afraid of a 100+ year old house. I'm not that handy and it seems like you would find a lot of things that many people half-assed through the years. OUr house is 33ish years old and good god the crap that other owners has done is incredible.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Well that was a nice way to start the day, what a wonderful compliment. Thanks for thinking I'm frugal. I'm going to start working on it!

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-You are so lucky to have insanely hot weather. It is in the low 70s here. It just plain old sucks to have a cold winter. I wish that you could send some of the hot water our way. Den was wondering how to heat the pool for the 4th. I said pee in it.