Monday, July 27, 2015

Bound and Drizzled

I found this cute little rock rope thingy when we were in the Dells. And then I saw.................
What's wrong with people? I understand that everyone up there has to make all of their money for the season in 4ish months but still this is a bit excessive. Didn't we all macrame in the 70's? I'm sure we could come up with something close for less than $47.99!!!! But it is still a little cute.
And since we are paying way too much money for things, how about $12.89 a pound for pretzel sticks? Well, it was kind of a thought.
Honestly, I will probably give these a try. Not buy them, mind you, but to make to see if they would be something to add to the Christmas platters. I just keep adding more and more things to the to do list.
So what was the craziest price that you have ever seen anyone ask for something easy to make?
Wanting,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

slugmama said...

Maine is the same way.....lots of people up there depend on tourist dollars in the 4 months or so of their season. Lots of crappy crafts(mostly with seashells involved) and simple foods being sold for way too much money. Everywhere I've been that's touristy sells fudge for big $$. And it's usually crappy too and you can make it yourself quite easily, even if you don't have a marble slab to cool it on.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I wonder if they dropped their prices if they would make more money. It was out of control. Even the junk/cheapy places were out of control. Like dollar tree stuff for 10xs what it should have been.

Cheapchick said...

The rock thingy is for rain to drain down(alternative to rain spout) - usually they are made of small pots or chains - we see a lot of them here on Vancouver Island. Just google image rain chains and you will see what I mean - but $47 is highway robbery for rocks and wire.

Elephant's Child said...

Charging what they think they can get away with? At those sort of prices they only have to sell a fraction of what they would at more reasonable prices. Sadly highway robbery is becoming the rule...

Janie Junebug said...

We went to Vermont many years ago. Stowe, Vermont. We were there during summer, but it was cold and it rained the entire time. Everything cost a fortune. Sweatshirts with cows on them were about forty bucks, and that was during the Dark Ages. I did give in and buy a lamb for my Christmas tree. It was made by a member of the Trapp family, who has since died. The lamb died, too, when Harper took him off the tree to play with him. I think that's the most expensive place I've visited.

Love,
Janie

Anne in the kitchen said...

I will only complain about the prices at tourist traps if I am the one buying them. If I were able to sell them I would be singing a different tune!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I obviously, live under a rock because I had never seen anything like that. Maybe I don't pay attention or maybe we don't get enough rain to have a lot of stores selling them. We are just blessed with snow.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I agree completely! It is the rule. Hmmm, maybe I should start making cheap crap and selling it.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-It was stupid money for everything there. It even seemed that the food prices were overinflated. DJ had to pay $20 to park at the waterpark. How crazy is that?!?! And he said it was like offroading because the road was so bad. My poor van.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-So what are we selling? LOL