Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Cursed Mates

We didn't start out the weekend on such a good note. Den even said that we were either cursed or the planets were out of line. He never says things like that. Every step we took, something else screwed up.
We were having a party on Saturday and we needed to cook quite a bit of it on Friday. The brake line on DJ's car was broken so he had been using my car to get to work. So I was vanless. Den had found mechanics that would come to your house through a friend of a friend sort of thing. Those sort of deals don't work out normally but the guys were awesome. The problem was all the lines were in such bad shape that all they could do was a patch job and we have to bring it to their shop. Sigh.
Someone hacked my email account and then the credit card company shut down my credit card because they thought someone hacked it. It was DJ ordering a computer. UGH. We couldn't finish one thing without something else popping up. By 10pm that night, Den was saying just give up and come to bed, maybe everything with sort itself by morning. Oh and my van is acting up and 3 different places didn't have the part that Den needed.


By Saturday morning the cloud of Hell seemed to have passed and we had a great party. It was pretty much the norm for around here. We ate a lot and drank way into the night. Someone broke a tooth, another person fell out of a chair, you know the normal stuff.

The pool was nice and inviting. See all my bitching and moaning about what a chore it is paid off for everyone else. Ok that was rude but it does feel like all I do is work on it.

Den and his best mate, Steve. Steve's mom and Aunt were over from England so whenever they have family in, we throw a party.  The running joke is we are trying to change how the world sees Americans one party at a time. I just hope that they remember it, they were "on" the whiskey.
Sunday we pretty much did nothing which was great. I cleaned up a bit, did laundry and ate leftovers.

The good news is I earned another $15 from Pinecone Research!!!! So I'm at..........................
$81         Pinecone Research
$91.25    BP
$10         Beer rebate
$12         Wine rebate
$25          MyPoints gift card-Macy's
For a total of $219.25.
So were the planets out of line for you this past weekend?
Under a ladder,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

SAM said...

It's like Alexander and the no good ....day for grown ups. Well, today kick everyone out, enjoy the pool and cocktails yourself. Pool looks great.

slugmama said...

Does anyone actually SWIM in your pool? Or do they just float with adult beverages resting on their bellies? lolz

And I crashed your party via telephone......

Poor DJ having to drive your car and screwing up your credit card so he can play online games while at school. The boy has it rough I tell ya, ROUGH! 8-)

I am carrying on with your The Gates of Hell theme today because I get to call various folks about College Boy's schooling.....housing, dining, financial aid office as well as the PA state education association. I may grow horns by the time this day if over with!

Sonya Ann said...

SAM-I am so going to enjoy the warm weather today. And the boys are leaving on Thursday to go fishing!!!!! I'm going to have Thursday to Sunday all to myself. I'm thinking swimming, cocktails and NO COOKING!!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I wish that you had crashed the party!!!!!!
Everyone pretty much just kicks back and drinks, come to think of it no one got out to go pee. EWWWW!
OH MY GOD, you really are living my life!!! DJ is only getting the computer for gaming!!! The little shit doesn't need it for school.
Try not to kill anyone while working on college boy's problems. Maybe take up drumming or something to relieve your stress.

Cheapchick said...

Seriously, you have the lousiest luck. I can't believe you go to Vegas on a regular basis lol. At least the party went off with only a broken tooth - that is a sign of a good party!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Glad the party was successful and the grill loaded with good eats and injuries were minimal!

We had a party here Friday night and Saturday but didn't know about it. We were in a different state at a family wedding and saw pictures of the party on facebook. The pet sitter decided to have several people over for a spend the night event evidently

The planets have been misaligned here for a while, but it is all good anyway. We would not know how to act if things went according to plan.

Elephant's Child said...

Oh yes. Everything I touched over the weekend fell apart or festered. And there was no party to take the edge off it. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last party I went to, much less the last one we had. Last millenia probably.
Grumpy, jealous and overtired. Not game to stand under a ladder, could break a mirror looking in it, and am wondering about the wisdom of having two black cats...

Janie Junebug said...

Wow! If it can go wrong, then it will.

Love,
Janie

We are: Clamco said...

Oh that pool looks nice as does the grill full of food. Those black clouds and unlucky streaks come and go. It's part of life. I think it's supposed to make you appreciate the good stuff more.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I know, right!?!?! You would think that Vegas would turn us away!
No broken bones so I guess we can mark this one as a success!

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Ummmmm, perhaps the police should be notified? I would be a BIT angry if someone that was watching my pets tied one on.
Knock on wood, it seems that our planets are back in line. It just seemed that every step was a mess.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-We all get used to our normal amount of crap that we have to put up with and when a little more gets added it does make you sigh and want to have a drink or two extra. COme to think of it, a cocktail sounds like something I would be interested in.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-We are pretty good about walking things off but it seemed that nothing was willing to go right last weekend. And we couldn't shake it.

Sonya Ann said...

We are: Clamco-And you are oh so right, I am so so thankful that things seem to have gotten back to our usual normal. It was just a bit too much and then Den and I started nit picking each other and it made it all worse.