Monday, July 20, 2015

Organized Studs

I'm in love with this!!!! It's from Houzz. They built shelving with a mirror into the wall.  It reminds me of the table that Den built in the game room. I mean if he can build one, he should be able to move the hinges on the side, add a mirror and keep me happy, right?
This is the mess that I have in my closet. I was going to put it on a cute cork-board or something but I couldn't find anything that would fit. And in the end, it would just be a mess of jewelery that would cover the cute cork-board.

During one of my Goodwill outings, I found this mirror jewelery case that was brand new for $4.99 and since Den seemed to be dragging his feet about ripping out drywall, I bought it.
It has a crack in it but I really didn't care. Plus since I didn't break it, I don't think that it will be my 7 years bad luck. Or did I just buy 7 years of misery?
Den hung it in Anna's room behind the door and I put all of the jewelery that I rarely use in it.
And this is what is left in my closet. Yeah, all I did was move the mess to Anna's room. I figure I will continue to look for something cute to hang/make for inside of my closet and then I will weed out anything that I don't use for a while from Anna's room. But I do have a full length mirror now but it likes to close so you can only see yourself while holding it. Sigh.
Improving?,
Sonya Ann

6 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I wonder if you could just find something to cover the crack up - no back luck then. Maybe a hippie peace sign? :)

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Yeah something real positive might work. Damned if I can think of anything though.

Elephant's Child said...

I hook my earrings into lace covered embroidery hoops and hang them on the wall. Decoration - and I can find pairs of the suckers.
And yes, I think you just bought someone else's bad luck. Which is sticky and probably stayed with them...

SAM said...

I end up wearing either no jewelry or the same stuff because it is all boxed and not easy to get at. I need to figure a good system as well. Space between the studs is a great idea. My kitchen pantry was built that way, but the hubby can't take credit-it was a common build in the late 1980"s in ou style of house.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I just need to get rid of almost everything around here except my computer oh and Den. DJ I may be willing to ship off.

Sonya Ann said...

SAM-Ahhhhh do you have a tri-level? Because we do and it was built in 83. DO you have that crazy 3/4 wall in the kitchen that was oh so popular? Not a fan of the 80's I must say.