Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Painted Parts

Did you ever look around and think, where have I been and what happened to my house? Well, that pretty much sums things up around here.
Anna and Scott are here visiting and we had a massive 4th party. It was fun but I was beyond tired and had to go sit off by myself with a huge headache for a hour when everyone arrived. I think(gulp) I am a bit too old to burn the candle at both ends like we have been doing. We worked like crazy last weekend and then I kept going with the food and projects during the week. Plus having extra people here and the laundry and the cooking and I realized that I am WAY out of practice. Or old.
The only consolation is that when everyone leaves all the projects around the house should be done. Unless I find more for us to do.
Anywho, that is my lizard. Den found some old paint in the garage and he got a makeover. He was a rescue from the trashed mansion we went to.
This was his pre-surgery look. He blended a bit too well. His name is Randall.
You know how I have been complaining that the pool has a phantom leak that we couldn't find. We have searched and scoured and still couldn't find the damned thing. Well, the night before the party all hell broke loose. NO really, a clamp broke loose. Good God and water spouts. Why couldn't this have happened way before or after the party? We were losing quite a bit of water and we could never find where it was going/coming from. That in itself was odd because it was quite a bit of water and there wasn't a drop around the pool. Well, the reason was, it was all draining into the backwash piping that leads into the ground. The black pipe running along the garage is drainage piping for overflow/backwashed water. No wonder we never found it, it was draining away. I hope and pray that was the only leak.
I also tried to beautify the pool area before the party. I moved plants around to try and cover the ugly, exposed piping. I basically just found new things for my drunk ass to trip over.
The only picture that I got from the 4th was this one. My bestie traced my nephew and then I told him that he forgot something. My SIL shot me a look. You know the look, don't encourage the child to be naughty sort of squint. I, of course, smiled drunkenly at her and nodded to the child to proceed. His "part" is bigger than his body. Someone is going to be very lucky.
He later joined the men folk playing bocce ball.  He told them they could start the game because he had a beer already. He held up his root beer for all to see. The child is 6.
And that is all I got for ya. It is because I am either too tired or drunk to remember the rest of it.
Surviving Summer,
Sonya Ann




14 comments:

We are: Clamco said...

Randall is awesome! He looks great painted. I had a metal lizard that I hung on the outside wall of the cottage we used to live in. I also glued one down onto the mailbox. I want to get another one for this house. I like yours. It's really neat.

slugmama said...

Well I HOPE to goodness you found that leak and it is the only one!
So where will you put Randall so you can trip your drunk ass over him constantly? hehehe

Cheapchick said...

OMG that chalk picture is one for that child's wedding :)

Sonya Ann said...

We are: Clamco-Randall is a lot of fun and he seems to really love his makeover and where he is hanging out.
I think a lizard on the mailbox is adorable. But don't you have a lot of lizards in AL?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I hope it is too. It seems to make sense. There was a lot of water disappearing and we never found the wet spot. The water level is holding steady so I think that might be it. There might be a small leak here and there but I think we got it. Or so I hope.
I plan to spend a lot of time tripping over him.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Yes, I think that it is. The boys just love me because I encourage their naughty behavior. It's my job as their Aunt.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I just don't even know where to begin. Love Randall with his new clothes. The difference is huge! Glad to learn I am not the only one with a fabricated pet. Will have to introduce the blog world to Cheeves my monkey butler soon. But I am thinking I might need to buy a prefab yard pet soon. My patio looks kind of lonely right now

Love that you decorated around the pool.

And the chalk drawing is about the best in the world. So glad you managed to save a photo before weather takes away its greatness. Continue being the good aunt!

Elephant's Child said...

Randall is gorgeous. I have his small relative (very small) sitting in front of the television.
I am older than dirt. Just thinking about visitors (no matter how much I love them) makes me want to velcro myself to the carpet under the bed and refuse to come out.

Jane said...

Hmmmmm, quite the addition to the chalk guy - positively engorged!! That kid has quite the imagination, I hope. Kazi just told me her new boyfriend is staying with us for a couple days, starting tomorrow!! I love the short notice - NOT!! I've decided to put her in charge of his meals :) :)

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I would love to meet Cheeves. Sometimes fake pets are better than the real ones. Hmmmm, would fake family members be better than real ones? I'm guess yes most of the time.
I need to figure something out about the back tree line. It is an overgrown mess. Sigh, there are just too many things to fix. Or too many things that I keep adding to the list.
Not to brag but I totally rock it as an Aunt.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-Everyone is against plastic surgery but I think it worked out well.
I don't mind having a party, I enjoy it really. But Den goes a bit nuts and he keeps cooking when I'm trying to do the last few things before the party. He is the one that makes it nuts.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-He might need surgery. LOL
I learned that I have to give up when Anna comes in. I used to cook and then wait for her to show up. Then she wouldn't and I would be mad. Now I cook and put it away and if she eats it good, if not, I don't care. It has helped to make things calmer here.

Frances said...

You clearly are not too old, since just reading about your party makes ME tired. It might be best that a lot of your festivities were NOT captured for all the world to see. LOL!

Love Randall. He is very festive now.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Den loves to cook and the more the merrier. I want to clean up the yard and order some pizzas. Its probably best that he is in charge of the food.