Thursday, July 23, 2015

Shaking Tip

Remember all of the crappy painting that I did about a month ago? Well, something good did come out of it! No, not the twisted ankles. And by the way, I really did do some damage because my left foot still hurts. I probably should have gone in for x-rays but that would have cost money. LOL
I learned a great painting tip. You know how expensive paint covers better, well that isn't necessarily the case. Cheap paint can work just as well but it needs to be shaken first. Yup, I had the best luck with Walmart's el cheapo paint just because the girl working their said to always bring the paint in and have it shaken. So all the cans of leftover paint in the garage just bring them in and they will shake them for you. Not that I am in the mood to paint anything again real soon but I'm not ruling out the old cans of paint in the garage anymore.
Or I will just hand the paint to DJ. He seems to be good at it.
Painting,
Sonya Ann
PS-Donna Freedman just told me about an AWESOME giveaway!! Bless her and her frugal heart!!!!
Want to win a $20 Visa GC? Savings.com is giving away a hundred of them! Enter to win by 11:59 p.m. PDT Friday, July 24.

12 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I never knew taking old paint to be shaken was an option. Live, learn and thanks for passing this on!

slugmama said...

I wonder if the Home Despot guys would mind if I brought a container of cosmos to be shaken?
I also have another idea to get your paint shaken up but it's not PC so I'll keep it to myself.....lolz

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-That cheap painted worked wonderfully. I always bought really expensive paint and low and behold it was just the shaking that did it.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I think you would be fine if you brought enough to share with them.
And when have you ever kept a naughty thought to yourself? What are you sick or something?

Cheapchick said...

I didn't know that tip - but it makes sense. I like it here in Canada - we don't have to pay for the xray. Now if you need crutches that is a different story. I hope your tootsie gets better soon - I prescribe a gigantic cocktail!

Elephant's Child said...

Live and learn. But I really, really don't want to see what happens if someone tries to paint with the contents of that shaken child.
I do hope your poor sore ankle improves. Until then, work the sympathy card. Hard.

Jill said...

I'm a big fan of Behr paint at Home Depot... tried many brands but the best by far. Expensive yes... but worth it. Hope your ankle feels better! That's no fun for summer!

Blessings,
Jill

Jane said...

Ugh, paint. I got halfway done painting the bathroom and then it got too hot and humid. I'll try to remember to get the paint shaken should I ever feel like resuming that project!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I tore a calf muscle and Den went to the Goodwill and got crutches for me for $2.99. Well I think I tore my calf muscle, DJ looked it up online while I cried and rolled back and forth. LOL. That's how we do it in the US. How pitiful.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I don't normally paint with children. But shaking them does seem to put them in a better mood. The same can't be said with me.
I'm to the point now that I think that I fractured something. There is no way that it should still be hurting.

Sonya Ann said...

JIll- I love behr paint too but the walmart stuff worked very, very well. I was shocked.
I'm to the point where I am just ignoring the pain. Because that is the grownup thing to do. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-It's a bit muggy here too but I like it. On days like that it makes swimming so refreshing. Its one of the few times that we get to enjoy the pool and not just work on it.