Monday, July 13, 2015

Skinny H2O


I'm so excited about my water and container. What a sad, sad life I lead!!!!!
The good news is I am still down 10 pounds. I would be happier if that number was multiplied by say 4 but I'll take it. I have been way over indulging so the fact that I have kept it off is great. I do have a plan with the weight loss though. I lose 10 pounds and instead of trying to keep going, I stop dieting and then learn to maintain the 10 pound loss. No food is off limits just keep the 10 off. I'll start working on the next 10 soon enough but it is hard with all the parties, DJ being here and Anna popping home, oh and don't forget about all the awesome BBQs as of late. So, I guess I'm proud of the 10 pounds and I think that I found a way to diet without really dieting. I cut back just a little bit on a meal that doesn't matter if I gain a little weight back.
I think part of it too is that I am really excited to drink water now. When Anna was hope she opened the frig and saw my water and said, "OHHHHH that looks like fun." She really liked it.
I use the fruit that is ugly and old or going to waste. Normally when I cut up a watermelon there is the bit that is close to the rind so I throw that in my nifty container. Or the blueberries that no one was eating or an apple that just didn't look great. Ugly and old fruit makes for some awesome water.
OK here is the part where you can get all jealous---------I got the container for $.50 at a garage sale.
I might have it all people. Like I said, I live a sad, sad life.
Hydrated,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I need to drink more water - it really is the secret to staying fuller. Downing a glass of water prior to a meal probably works. Great deal on the water container - we have a larger version of that holding emergency backup water (after our undrinkable water issues earlier in the year)

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-This really is good. And I'm looking forward to drinking water. I drank pop when I was young but gave it up years ago.
If I can find a larger container on sale, I will get it. They are great to have around and I can fit something bigger in the frig.

Elephant's Child said...

The water you have when you are having fruit salad? Great idea.
And congratulations on the weight loss. I really, really need to follow suit.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I lose it easily but I am also a great finder. Maybe infused water would help. Can't hurt to try it anyway.

Frances said...

Congrats on the 10 lbs! And congrats on finding a way to drink more water.

SAM said...

My last job had endless coffee, and I thought that was going to be so hard to give up. At my new job, they have water coolers everywhere, and folks walk around or in meetings have refillable water bottles. I've doubled my water consumption just because of the culture shift. I think I found your 10 pounds though. You left them on my rear.

Jill said...

Fruit water is awesome! I also drink lemon water every day too :-) Can't beat the price on the container and great job on the weight loss! Whoo hoo! :-) Have a great night!

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I'm really happy with how easy this is and that's because I'm so so so lazy. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Thank you and I'm sure that you can throw something wonderful together since you are the one in the kitchen all the time making yummy things.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Thank you so much!!!!

Sonya Ann said...

SAM-Sorry about that donation. Wouldn't have been better if I sent money?
I have one large mug of coffee in the morning, that would be the one thing that I couldn't give up. I need at least, one cup to be a functioning person.

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-Thank you for the sweet and upbeat comments. You are a dear.

Jane said...

I've lost the same 10 lbs about 20 times!! Imagine if I hadn't?!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Me too sweetheart, me too. I've lost a person and gained it all back.