Monday, August 3, 2015

Blue Eyebrows

Ahhhh and here is another one of my many projects. Look, could someone just stop my stupid ass from finding more things to do. I'm like an addict here and no one cares enough for an intervention. You guys really suck sometimes.
I found this sad table for $2.99 at the Goodwill but I paid nothing for it. No, I did not slip it under my shirt and walk out. I had a free $5 off $5 coupon and used it to buy the table and a few movies. I spent an entire $.09 on all of it. And this is how I am going to end up like Sandford and Son. It's not my fault, they keep giving me junk.
I quickly took it apart and half assed washed it up. I figure I spent more on the paper towels and Windex then I did on the table.
I laid it out and sprayed it with my leftover paint, careful to only get a few weeds and then left it on the side of the house to dry. DJ then weed-eated and mowed not so carefully around it. Oh well, what's a few grass clippings on my junk.
How cute is that!?!?!?!?! I'm so happy with this little project and guess what? I see other things that I can paint!!!! I told Den that I was going to paint everything that same blue and he just raised both eyebrows very quickly. I think that is his way of encouraging me. He does that a lot. He's such a good man.
Not stopping,
Sonya Ann


14 comments:

slugmama said...

Ah yes, the "old eyebrow jerk".
Not so much an encouragement tho and a "WTF is she talking about?" reaction.

I get that a lot here too from Hubs.

I think your table looks fab! But it's missing a cold refreshing adult beverage I think.....

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love the blue! And I agree it should not be just a one piece accent color. Spray away!

I found some similar bargains and spray painted them purpleish. Everyone thought I was nuts until they saw how well it worked. Unfortunately I just found a red, blue, green and yellow hammock chair, so now the entire screened porch color scheme has to change to accommodate the chair. Goodbye purpleish color, hello lime green!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Den thinks I'm a bit nuts and your hubs thinks the same about you.
And how did I not see that it needs a drink. It also needs some shade over there. Hmmmm, my wheels are turning.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I like the idea of the lime green!!!! I hope that you post pics of it.
Its kind of nice not to care so much about what goes on outside with the junk I drag in. I'm normally a bit uptight about the house but I have managed to let it go outside and just have fun with everything. Its a new me.

Cheapchick said...

Very cute! It would have been a good deal at full price of $2.99 but 9 cents plus a few free movies is awesome. It turned out great - you could easily resell it for at least $10. A new money making opportunity? Am I encouraging you? Yes I am Miss Junk.

Elephant's Child said...

Not only does it need a long cool drink it needs several in different colours so you can see whether matching or contrasting works better.

Jane said...

That's my current favourite colour! Nice job! Yes, you're an addict; but a cheap one :)

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Yes, I could sell it but then I would have to make another one. Wait, you might be on to something.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-So I need more tables or I need more drinks? LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-It's not often that you find a cheap addiction. I'm just worried that I will go too far.

rivulet said...

AHHH, We love Sanford and Son! We own every episode. I'm now imagining several random goofy people regularly stopping by your house to chat. Haha, what a fun life you have :)

Great job on the table though, and nine cents, really, GREAT JOB ON THE TABLE!

Sonya Ann said...

rivulet-Well, you made my day. Thank you for the compliment.
And trust me there are some crazy people here and a few nut jobs do randomly stop over.

Frances said...

It turned out great! What a bargain!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Thank you!!!!! I'm so happy with it!