Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Moon Madness

I would like to start this post by saying that I am going to blame all of this madness on the blue moon. At the end of the weekend, I just looked around and thought "what have I done." You are not even going to believe the shit that I pulled. It was out of my league even for the stupid stuff that I normally do.

Den decided that he was going to take DJ to his favorite fishing spot. And bond over a pot of gloop.

But they needed to take my van to get all of the gear in. I said they could take it if he fixed it. It has been lurching and makes for a miserable ride and I didn't want to have to go pick them up if it broke down. After ordering a fuel filter and then talking to the Kia mechanic, he found that it was just a cracked intake and fixed it in like 5 minutes. Awesome way to start a long weekend. Or so I thought.

My plan was to watch tv and eat all of my favorite food and kick back. I did manage to eat Indian food, Mexican and Chinese. I may poop the U.N.
I also wanted to swim since this is probably the end of any good weather. On a side note, we did have tornados here late Sunday but we were fine. But tornados don't even come close to what I did.

Hmmmmm, where to start. Where to start.

I went with my MIL to do a bit of shopping and to get Den's car washed since he left me with a FILTHY car. Anyways, she was saying how my FIL was selling his 2 year old Camry. So one thing led to another and I blurted out, find out how much he is selling it for. While we headed over to get her van and Den's car washed, she talked to my FIL and he said he would give us a good deal on his car. So he called when we were at the car wash saying, he found a car and did I want the car. Well shit, Den isn't here to make this decision with me. Fuck it, right? Yes, I will buy that car for Den. I shake my head at myself. Ahhh but wait, this gets better.......................
Old pic of Den fixing the car!
So now we have one too many cars here. So I say to my MIL, how about we give the white car to her sister. She is poor and is really down on her luck. Yes, this all makes sense.
As soon as I get out of the car wash, I run over to the bank to the safety deposit box and take every dollar we have saved and snag the title to the white car. (We will have to figure something out since I didn't have enough to cover the entire purchase price. Sigh, I hate bills but I should have it paid for in a year.)

By the time I get home and start cleaning out the white car a.k.a DJ's car, it is starting to get dark. So as I backed out of the drive way to take another car to a different car wash, I see my neighbor and she seems upset. Long story short, she broke up with her boyfriend. Ok, so after I wash the car then I head over to her house with alcohol and ice cream. I stumbled my drunk ass home at 2am and fell into the bathtub. Yes, FELL into the tub. sigh.

The next morning my MIL and her sister were headed here to get the white car. Low and behold, the car wash did a shit job so I start washing it, hungover. I can't give away a dirty car!!!!
Then I hear my neighbor and tell her crying ass to come help me. That was a bad idea since she had stopped eating and had been drinking the night before and it was HOT out even that early. So she gets sick and starts to pass out. I get her in a chair and get her some coffee.
Then my MIL and her sister show up. She was so so so grateful that someone would do something like that for her. But of course, the brake line was leaking so I said that we would bring it in and pay for it. Why not, right? My ass is in trouble so what's a little more.

So when left alone I will, buy a car. Wipe out our safety deposit box. Get drunk. Giveaway a car. And promise to pay for brakes.
Den and DJ both decided that they wouldn't leave again because I would probably sell the house and we would be moved by the time they came back. Bet you didn't do anything like this this past weekend.
Shocked,
Sonya Ann

22 comments:

slugmama said...

I guess you got me beat as I only almost got 3/5 of my family murdered in a motorcycle gang bar brawl......

Like I said, if Den and Dan left us along together the earth may spin off it's axis because of all the shit we'd get into. *snort*

And who the hell gives away a car anyway!?!? lolz

Rachel said...

"Oh my word!" is all I have to say. LOL

Jane said...

Even for you that was quite a weekend!! You know what your problem is - you're too effing nice!! You're overflowing with niceness! However, the "nice" will inherit the earth (or something like that) so hang in there - you will surely get your just rewards some day!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-But you saved what $25 on that meal so it is going in the win column even if you had to see the parking lot "fight" and the women on the bar.
I would like to think that we would talk each other out of bad situations but I have the feeling that we would encourage each other to do bad things. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Rachel-I'm not sure what happened but the headache just left me. It was a bit crazy even for me.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I think that it is the stupid will end up homeless but I'm not completely sure on that saying.
The thing is she was so desperate and suffering from depression and being trapped at home was making it all worse. The car wasn't worth much to us and it was gold to her. I am just worried like I told her that we are giving her a bill or a headache since it is 16 years old.

Elephant's Child said...

You are right. That was quite a weekend. An amazing ride for everyone who participated. Pun intentional.

We are: Clamco said...

A two year old Camry sounds really nice!! And at a good deal. Hard to pass up!

SAM said...

Just oh my! We;;, one would never be bored with a mom, wife, friend, daughter etc. like you, and that is just right in my book.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Well wow! That was one heck of a weekend! I thought giving the SIL the car is one of the nicest things I have ever heard. My only concern with the whole story is ice cream and alcohol? Either or would be fine, but it seems like a potent mix for feeling really bad later. Of course I am from Alabama, so what do I know?

Cheapchick said...

You have a good heart - and you know how to have fun - but it might be a good idea if they kept you on a short leash :)

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-Hahaha, funny. It was a ride and now that I am coming down, I am still wondering what I did. I panic after spending money.

Sonya Ann said...

We are: Clamco-Now remind me of that as I am scraping the money together. I will be happy about it when it is paid for.

Sonya Ann said...

SAM-Thank you, my dear. It seems that I am always doing something that causes trouble. I'm like a drunk I Love Lucy.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I really did laugh that you thought the ice cream and alcohol was a bad idea. Believe it or not, that really wasn't the problem. It was actually a pretty good mix.
I did feel bad the next day but I think that it was because I got up so early and started cleaning a car super fast. I'm hoping that I/we rest this weekend and spend no money. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-BAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That was funny! Yes, I agree that I need adult supervision.

Sunny said...

I think that you have got some good kharma coming your way. And given your alcohol consumption you need all the good vibes you can get!! LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Sunny-LOL! I need some money to come my way too. But I won't wish away god karma or alcohol. Especially alcohol.

Frances said...

I wish I had known you were giving away cars. A trip up there for a free car would have been way cheaper than the one we bought in March.

;-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-LOL, I hope that we won't be giving away another car anytime soon. Well, unless we had a ton of money then I would start giving away cars.

Donna Freedman said...

I think it was a very nice thing to do. Well, except for the falling-into-the-tub part.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-Yeah, I could have done without that.