Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sad Police

I feel as if I'm teetering on the threshold of hell. I'm trying to sort DJ's stuff since I am taking him back to school and he is dragging his feet. ON EVERYTHING! He's turned into a social butterfly and isn't interested in anything that needs to be done. I will be happy to dump him off at this point. Love him dearly but I need a break.
This past weekend was garage sales and police. Yeah, that's about right for my life. 
This adorable little picture is cracked all the way acrossed. So sad but for $1, it can live by the pool.
Den thought this was the find of the century. Me, meh. $12 for some very old coral, didn't really do it for me.
I have never been to a bag sale before, have you? It was at a local church. $3 for everything you could stuff in a bag. Challenge accepted. Den thought I was nuts and to be honest, it was mostly junk but it was fun. I got a bunch of tins and baskets and I did manage to find some brass for Den to recycle so we should more than get our money back.

I even managed to shove a leaky sprayer in there at the last second. Oh and some shelving brackets for the garage. Oh and some candles. For $3, I had and hour and a half of fun!!!!!

The find of the weekend was this Wagner pan. They go for about $50ish. And I got it for $3. And the best part is Den was the one that scrubbed it back to life!

This one was my grandmother's pan and I LOVE it. It cooks everything to perfection. It is Den's favorite pan too. We said that if we ever got a divorce, it would be the one thing that we would fight over. I would give him DJ and the cats and take my pan.
And I got a 3D movie for $1. We tried to watch it and eat dinner with the 3D glasses on but looking down and then back at the tv wasn't cutting it so we shut the 3D feature off and just watched it. Den wasn't impressed. He isn't a connoisseur of cartoons like I am.

And just for fun, I called the police on my jackass neighbor Sunday night. I couldn't take it anymore. He turns his very powerful stereo up and then leaves it playing for the entire weekend. He was blasting the theme song to SESAME STREET!! WHO DOES THAT!?!?!?! It takes the Antioch police under 7 minutes to respond to a non-emergency call. That is pretty amazing. I should have called earlier in the weekend because my nerves were shot by Sunday night. The people directly behind him were having a party so he did it to be a dick to them. Whenever someone throws a party, he turns it up so they have to yell to hear each other. I just call the cops. Maybe I have found a new hobby. My next door neighbor went to his house. I don't have the kind of control that it would take to speak to him in a civil tone. I would just punch him and then throw his system in his pool. He is 3 doors down and behind us and it feels as if we are sitting on the speakers when he turns it on. You would think since all of the neighbors have called on him, he would stop. Some people love being dicks.
I'm going to stop posting until I get back from dropping DJ off and I'm settled again. I also have to take my neighbor to get her wisdom teeth out so I'm going to be busy for a while. But I promise to be back in a week and probably with a story or two to tell.
Love and nuttiness,
Sonya Ann


20 comments:

Cheapchick said...

You are sad because DJ is leaving and happy to be rid of him at the same time...I completely get that:) I feel that way when my hubby doesn't go on business trips for several months. I hate lousy neighbors. I told my neighbor there was a total water restriction on due to our drought(everyone knew he just ignored it) and he got mad, burned off in his car, blew a stop sign and the neighbor on the other side who is a cop gave him a ticket:) Karma is a bitch.

slugmama said...

Well if I lived in your house I'd just sell it and move.
But if you do that where will you get interesting stories from to tell us all?
NEVER MOVE! lolz

And this is why when we move(if I don't die in this house first)we are buying lots of LAND around our next place so we can ignore dickhead neighbors.

Rachel said...

Sorry you are dealing with bad neighbors....seems like there is always that one in a neighborhood. Won't even go into ours....

Good luck with getting DJ off and everything done!

Anne in the kitchen said...

There is a reason college age kids come home for the summer. It is so parents can see them, enjoy them a bit and be glad to see them go back.

Great garage sale scores!

Too bad your neighbor doesn't live in my neighborhood! People here will call the police if your dog is fenced in your own yard and barks. We had an outdoor party one evening (just one mind you) with a jazz quartet and had 2 neighbors complain and call the police. I had already called them before hand to be sure we were not violating any noise ordinance, so promptly at 10 the music ended. These same neighbors now have teen age kids. I wonder if they will be tolerant of the noise their kids make? I know I will, I've already been through that stage. Nothing like living in the suburbs!

Elephant's Child said...

Sigh.
We have had neighbours like that. And their taste in music is always woeful.
Good luck with your busy period.

Jane said...

You've made me thankful that I live around a bunch of old ladies!! Quiet as a tomb around here. As far as calling the police that's a pretty cheap hobby and kind of fun at the same time. I think you're onto something...(on something?)!!

SAM said...

Other than fire crackers and shoiting off illegal fireworks, our little neighborhood is quite tame, though we have a full on soap opera next door. Still, they're respectful and friendly and no loud stereos.

Jill said...

Yard saling and great deals are so awesome! Love that pot, great deal! Sorry about your neighbor...definitely not fun :-(

Blessings,
Jill

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-That is AWESOME that you have a cop that can do your bidding. I NEED one of those but then again, Den would spend a lot of time in jail.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-For the love of God, you are not going to die in that place. You make me laugh, you nut job!!!
Den has said that for so many years, that he was moving us to the middle of nowhere and we would live off the land. Mind you, living off the land would mean eating dirt since we can't seem to grow our food.

Sonya Ann said...

Rachel-I'm so so tired and barely functioning at this point. I'm just glad that I have him moved in. Now to turn to the house that was neglected and the closets that were trashed while trying to get his stuff out.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I try always to be tolerant of people and the noise they let off. I really do because I know that we have thrown a few loud parties back in the day. But when he is just being mean and drowning out any noise just cuz he can, welp that's when I can't take it anymore. And he has been good about not playing it loudly. I mean really, Sesame street!?!?!?!

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-I survived but barely. Honest to God, I almost didn't make it. But that is a post for another day. UGH.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I would have to be on something to continuously listen to the crap that this guy makes us listen too. His taste in music is deplorable. He should get a fine just for that.

Sonya Ann said...

SAM-Please share on the soap opera. I love those, it is so much better than tv. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-The sad thing is yard sales are winding down for the year so we will have to find something else to do during the winter. I hate when the summer slowly starts to slip away. Its depressing. I need to live somewhere warm.

Sandra Cox said...

$3 for a bag of goodies. What fun.
Sorry about your neighbor being less than neighborly:(

Sonya Ann said...

Sandra Cox-It was fun trying to fit everything into the bag. Den kept saying that it was going to split as soon as we went to pay. Ha! He was wrong again.
He started again with the blaring music but it didn't last long. I wonder if he remembered or someone else called on him. You can't hear each other talking. He's such an ass.

DeniseinVA said...

I remember those days when it was getting nearer to school. The summer school holidays are very long. Great finds, I have never heard of a bag sale before. Too bad about your neighbor. Fortunately we live in a quiet neighborhood. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

Sonya Ann said...

DeniseinVA-I have to tell you that bag sales are so much fun. They were doing it with clothing too but I couldn't find anything that I wanted. If you could sew, it would have been a really good way to pick up some cheap material.