Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Big Bird Pirate

It was another busy weekend that seemed to fly by. Maybe when it gets cold out and I'm not out garage saling, I will get caught up. No, probably not. Just thought that I would throw that out there and see how it tasted. Tasted like it was a lie.
I was sick all day Saturday cuz I may have overdone it on the alcohol and dairy Friday night. Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot. AND I KNOW BETTER!!! But it was a fun gathering at my neighbor's house.
Anywho, on Sunday we went out exploring. I have to say, it is nice having a hybrid. We can explore a whole lot more for cheaper!
We went to an adorable farm stand.
They are getting ready for the Halloween crowd. I guess I will allow it, I just wish that we had had more of a summer. This summer was closer to fall weather. God only knows what the actual winter will bring but my guess is that it will be much colder than normal. Yes, I at times, play the weather man. Oh and a doctor. Wanna play doctor with me?
We will have to go back when they are done setting up. They have a bunch of areas for kids and most of it was movie themed. Den thought they might run into some copy right infringement problems. Mr. Play By The Rules was with me.

After the farm stand/copy right infringement stop, Den spotted signs for a Barn Sale. It took forever to find but it was kind of relaxing driving through all of the corn and veg fields.
We did finally find the barn sale and realized there was no barn.

The place was over the top creepy and Den assured me before we got out of the car that this was where we were going to die.

In the end, it was a really neat place to poke around and the owners were awesome. But I still felt they should be handing out tetanus shots with every purchase.

Den managed to find a net for the back of the garage and a small trunk. $7 wasn't too bad for both.He wants to go with a pirate/nautical theme. It may end up just being a junk theme but oh well, it is kind of fun just looking for junk.

I found 2 pillows from a local garage sale for the couch behind the garage. Hey, $1 for both isn't a bad find. See his stuff is junk and mine is treasures.

The good news is I didn't buy the yellow couch that I saw at the Goodwill.

Someone is hilarious that works there. For $.99 how could anyone turn down the Big Bird couch?????

And the last little thing that I bought was this cute frog for $1. I like to hide little things around the yard. Den actually went searching for it and told me when he found it. We really need a different hobby. But I do think that he likes the game. Maybe I should just move things instead of dragging new crap here.
Sober booty,
Sonya Ann
PS-I'm not going to post for a couple of days. It's not that I don't love you, its just that we have a family member in the hospital. The kids are fine and so is Den. I've been asked not to say anything so you get something cryptic. I'll catch you up later.

14 comments:

slugmama said...

So I guess you didn't drag home a barn from the barn sale?
I am not surprised that you find all the creepy places to thrift....after all you live in one of the top towns for Rednecks in your state. lolz

Cheapchick said...

It sucks that someone is in the hospital, hugs to them and you. My garage sale finds are always treasure (hubby's not so much, think hot pink and blue rag rug that he wants to put in the dining room so the dogs feet can be wiped off. I was thinking something a little bit cuter, you know because it is in OUR FREAKING DINING ROOM!

Jenny Woolf said...

I hope they are better soon. And I wouldn't have bought the couch either. That frog is nice. We had something very similar on the balcony and one of the twins is determined to drop it on his little foot so now it lives inside in a dark corner where he can't find it.

Elephant's Child said...

I hope your family member is much more better. Soon. Hospitals are vile places. Necessary, but vile.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Hey, rednecks and a manhunt, we are on the downward slide!
I don't think that a barn would fit in the yard. But I'm sure that Den wouldn't mind trying to squeeze it in.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-It's my FIL. I guess that I can blab now. He has been telling people. He has cancer and has vasculitis.
How did your hubs think that a hot pink rug was a good idea? Bless him.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I bet that you are having a blast with the twins. How old are they now? Perhaps you should leave stuffed animals for them to find instead of heavy frogs.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-Yes, they are all vile. And no one seems to be in charge. They have a team of doctors working on my FIL and yet, no one seems to have any answers. I was like, Dude its a virus and he let the fever get out of control. Just like what would happen in the old days.

Jane said...

Hope all works out re hospitalization!!
Those pillows are a steal!
But...a yellow couch...not so much!
It's so easy to over due the medicinal alcohol when you only have to stumble a few feet down the sidewalk from the neighbour's house. I've taken to riding my bike after drinking instead of driving - so much safer :)

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I would kill myself if I had a few drinks and tried to ride a bike. GOOD GOD! It would be Youtube gold though.

Frances said...

Love the Big Bird couch. So funny! Your area by the pool looks so relaxing!

We had a wonderful experience with the hospital where my mom was. Maybe hospice is better than regular hospitalization. Hope your FIL is feeling better soon.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Well come on over and relax. You deserve it.
I pray for you and your family. I am so sorry.
My FIL is better but is now in quite a bit of pain because his legs are drawing up. But he finished his radiation and is now on steroids so that should help drastically.

Shinny said...

You were practically in my backyard at the Barn Sale. I went there a couple weeks ago and found the perfect shelves for all my small jars of canned goods for a super cheap price.

Sonya Ann said...

Shinny-This is so exciting!!!!! I finally found a close blogger.
We had so much fun picking! I think that we may go back in a few weeks. Did you go to the farm stand?