Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Boring By My Standards

This post is boring even by my standards. There wasn't much in the way of garage sales over the weekend. And since it rained so much, people that had planned on having them cancelled.
But I did manage to find ink for my printer for $2 each. It is normally $20 each cartridge so that was a huge find. And a little storage unit for Anna's closet. Maybe that mess will sort itself. I have asked Anna to come home and help sort it but she doesn't seem that interested.
The owl will be hidden in the yard for our little treasure hunt for my nephews. Den and DJ always complain that I only buy good containers for the cat food and they get the crappy butter containers. $.50 for a tupperware container wasn't a bad find and maybe they will stop complaining that I like the cats more. Mind you, I do like the cats more but I never tell them that.

The shed will be nice and packed so I will have plenty to complain about in say May. We didn't have any goggles so these were a great find. I spent a total of $11 on everything pictured. Hmmmm, what will I talk about when I don't have anymore garage sale finds to post about?
I'm still trying to come up with ideas for when we redo DJ's room. I really like this painting and think that I might go with something like it. When I redid Anna's room, I knew exactly the colors and decorations that I wanted but had no idea about the furniture. I'm having just the opposite problem with DJ's room. I know what furniture I want just no idea about decorating.
And that's about it for the weekend round up. We watched Lord of the Rings the rest of the weekend. Not terribly exciting!
How about you, any good finds at garage sales? Are they almost over in your neck of the woods?
Boring,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

slugmama said...

Good Lord, I haven't been to a yard/garage sale in years I tell ya, YEARS!
The sis in-law wants us to move to VA so I can go yard saling with her, as she is an addict about it. She had to have a sale last weekend to get rid of all the crap she has bought at other people's yard sales. lolz

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-They are fun! I know that it seems like I have a lot of junk coming into the house. Well, I do but I get rid of a lot too. Plus most of it stays outside. A lot of the planters don't make it for more than a season or two so I get to replace them.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I go to them very seldom, unless I see one nearby with toys. I need things for my granddaughter to play with when she visits.

Elephant's Child said...

I almost always like the cats better. He does too.
That fondness changes when they leave UDOs (Unidentified Disgusting Objects - usually digestion related) for us to find.

Linda said...

Yard sales are still going strong here. I have not been to many this year. I am finding so many yard sales items I bought. HA! No, I am putting them to use, except for the hammock I bought ten years ago. I gave it to the friend who is helping me.
Practical Parsimony

Cheapchick said...

A couple of yard sales here but mostly the season is done - we have been working every weekend on finishing reno projects so no garage sales for me. I go to the thrift store about once a week but honestly haven't found anything at all. I have to drop some stuff off at Habitat for Humanity Restore (I am guessing you have those in the states, if not their own thrift store) and want to check that out as haven't been there yet. Could be I am just being too picky.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-There are so many garage sales with kid's toys around here. You would be in grandchild heaven.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-My cats never get sick UNLESS I clean the carpets and then they yak in every room. Good reason for me never to clean the carpets, I guess.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-The summer here is so short, I guess that is why we garage sale so much. But I have the feeling that I will be getting rid of a bunch of junk next season.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-We have a habitat for humanity here but it is about 30 minutes away. We have never had much luck finding things that we need there but I think it is one of those places that you would have to go to all of the time and have patients.

Frances said...

We have not been to a yard sale in years. Hubby and I used to go, but it took hours to shop as he became friends with every yardsaler. LOL!

You will never be boring!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I make friends everywhere I go so your hubs and I would get along great. Mind you, we wouldn't get far but we would meet our daily quota for talking.