Monday, September 21, 2015

Den's Cracked Wienie

Den found this recipe on Facebook and had to try it. It is called Wienie Crack and for the life of me I can't find the link. So whoever posted the original-thank you so VERY much.
We brought these to a party and everyone raved over them and then started calling them Den's wienies. Look, I'm not the only one around here that has issues, most of my friends are just as depraved as I am.  I like that in a person.
Anywho, here is the super easy recipe for Heaven.
1 pound bacon cut into thirds
1 pound Lil Smokies
1 stick of butter(We used my fakin butter cuz we didn't want me to die)
2 cups brown sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375
Wrap the third of a strip of bacon around the wienie
Line them up in a baking pan
Melt the butter and then add 1 cup brown sugar, stir until mixed well
Pour butter/sugar mixture over bacon and wienies
Sprinkle 1 cup of brown sugar on the wienies
Bake 15-20 minutes and then turn up the heat to 400 and bake for another 5 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
We will be making these again but they are sort of expensive but let me tell you they will be the hit of the party.
Greasy,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I love love love bacon - I am sure they went over well as most of the population does as well.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-These are amazing! Maybe he should make some more. Like now.

slugmama said...

I've got 2 packages of lil' smokies in the freezer I got for cheap. Maybe I'll make these up for the family reunion next weekend. I am sure they will be inhaled by that group. lolz

Linda said...

You are eating weenies and bacon and worrying about butter? That sounds like my logic.

Anne in the kitchen said...

OK this sounds fantastic, but what cracked me up was the title of your post. I am still giggling as I type. BTW depraved friends are the bomb! I make sure I always have a couple who are worse than I am so I don't look so alone! (Genius or depravity loves company)

Elephant's Child said...

Anyone who is not depraved is deprived. In my book anyway.

Janie Junebug said...

Sunny beaches, that looks wonderfully unhealthy.

Love,
Janie

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I will have to keep my eyes open for smokie sales. It was $4.59 a pack here! That is gross.

Sonya Ann said...

Linda-My fakin butter doesn't have dairy in it. I'm allergic to dairy and I wasn't going to miss out on the wienies.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I would never be considered for the genius group so I have to stick with depravity.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-Well said, well said.

Sonya Ann said...

Janie Junebug-Why can't salad be as tasty as the wienies?

Frances said...

OMG! Those look delish! I need to make those!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Yes woman, I found Heaven.