Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Losing Crabs

It was a busy weekend. We managed to hit a few garage sales this weekend. There weren't many so I'm pretty sure that this is the end of the season. Oh well, we are stocked up on DVDs for the winter.
And the best news about this weekend was that Den got crabs. He was pretty excited about it and they only cost him $.50 each. I thought they were free but he paid for them.
He was so excited to hang them in his net along with 2 little fish.
He couldn't have been happier.
Maybe we should name him Mr. Krabs.
Den was a rebel this weekend and parked my van in a no parking area. He was fine with it since the plate is in my name and the ticket would come to me. That has happened before. Bastard.
I also found these adorable little 7 drawf characters for a grand total of $.60. Dopey is missing one ear and because of his hearing loss, he was only $.10. The others were $.25. Since I have been hiding little things here and there, I told Den that maybe next season, I would make a little hunt for my nephews. Den said that since we are going with a pirate theme, it should be a pirate hunt. It should be fun. Or we will look crazy. Or we will look like slobs. Probably not the first one.
After we got the Krabs and the fish and everything in the pool area just how we wanted it, we packed it all up for the season.
Yeah, it looks like depressing crap.
My fun is over until what the end of May 2016. Long sigh. Long winter.
I have some crazy tetris skills, let me tell you. I packed the shed with some made skills. No really I was a little mad, Den wasn't helping. Well, he was making dinner but still.
I also have to get another table, 4 chairs, a bench, and many, many, flower pots in there. I think there is going to be some deflating done around here. Hmmmmm, I may be a Patriot.

I moved all of the plants from the very back back to the middle yard just so that we could enjoy them.
Not that I am going to water them. Our last water bill was $135 for 2 months. That wasn't us filling the pool either, it was watering the plants, laundry and the shower whoring boy. UGH!
I may not be able to grow many tomatoes or morning glory but give me some basil and I'll make a damned bush out of it.
Except for this little guy, he never grew.
Being the runt just might have added to his lifespan or I may kill it. Let's be honest, I may kill him. We shall name him Clifford and hope for the best.
And some good news and some not surprising news. The good news is I have quite a bit of money to add to my total and the not surprising news is that I forgot about it. I forget things quite a bit. Sometimes, I think that Den is psychic but I actually said the same thing a few times and he just finishes my sentence. I am losing it.
Anywho, I have $23.85 being deposited into my checking from SavingStar. I also got a $10 Amazon gift card from Swagbucks, $10 Panera gift card from MyPoints, and $21.65 Amazon gift code from SavingStar. Go me, the forgetful one.

$23.85    SavingStar cash deposit
$21.65    SavingStar Amazon gift code
$10         Swagbucks- Amazon gift code
$96         Pinecone Research
$91.25    BP
$10         Beer rebate
$24         Wine rebate
$25          MyPoints gift card-Macy's
$10          MyPoints gift card Panera
For a total of $311.75
The only good news out of all of this is that I am more than half way done Christmas shopping already. I hit the after Christmas sales and got most of the stuff for Den's work. Candles and wall hangings it is.
And spent,
Sonya Ann






17 comments:

Treaders said...

Wow - that's good news indeed on the extra money - I feel the same way when I count out the coins in my piggy bank! How sad is that. I mean, working in Switzerland I actually have a Swiss bank account (no not one of THOSE kinds) and here I am getting all excited about my piggy bank. Also, it's amazing how people can grow basil - I keep buying the bloody stuff and it snuffs it wîthin a few days. I try watering it/not watering it/in the sun/out the sun but nothing doing. And yet I love it and its smell so much. That and coriander (which I think you call cilantro). When you said "Den got crabs" I was a bit concerned - but thankfully nothing serious I see. Glad to hear it. Anna

Cheapchick said...

You "forgot" about money? You best go to the Dr :) My basil plants die right away...or the bugs eat them if outside so I have given up on basil. My rosemary bush on the other hand is huge.

Sonya Ann said...

Treaders-So cool about the Swiss bank account. I would tell everyone about it and act all mysterious.
I have not had much luck with coriander either. It gets tall and then goes to seed before we can really use it.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I know something must be wrong with me. I totally forgot and now it has me wondering what else I forgot.
I don't have rosemary but I have chives everywhere!

slugmama said...

I feel so bad about forgetting $. I forgot I had $60+ sitting in my Paypal account from 2 months ago!
I blame the shower whores on our bad memories.....

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations on the extra money.
Jealous thoughts about the basil. I love it, and the bugs eat it and/or I forget to water it. Ditto rosemary.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I forget crap all the time, and a lot of the stuff I forget is really important. Now I have a little composition book that follows me around begging me to write important things down. Sometimes I actually remember to do that, then other times I forget and am left with an envelope with no name or address because I can't remember if I was supposed to send this to the lawyers office or the brokerage firm. (One thing I have learned this summer is that death is only convenient for the one who dies. It is not so easy for the daughters picking up all the pieces for the mom; hence the letter with no address)

One thing I can remember though it that it is suppose to be beautiful tomorrow and I am going swimming. We still have about 4 weeks before the leaves start seriously falling and force us to cover the pool and I plan on enjoying it.

Treaders said...

I agree with you Anne about death being hard in more ways than one on those left behind. I am therefore trying to put as much in order as I can for my boys even though I am only 57 because it is hard in any case - they don't need added stress. I have a metal filing cabinet with a sub-section called "important stuff" (I know, I know) and I have told them that is where they need to look first - all my codes, insurances etc. I think it's only fair to be as prepared as possible. Anna

We are: Clamco said...

Your yard and garden look so nice. I like wall hangings on the side of your house. I'd like to do something like that but we have so many creepy crawlies here in AL, they just might end up making it their home. I remember packing up everything for the winter when I lived in PA. It was depressing. The weather here is starting to cool off and it's the time of year that everyone in the south looks forward to after a long hot summer. Hopefully we'll start saving money on our electric bill not having the run the a/c around the clock anymore.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-They try and suck us dry. Or would that be wet?
I'm telling you if I don't write it down now, I will completely forget about it. It is probably best that we don't have any small children. God only knows where I would leave them.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-My thinking is what other money have I forgotten about. That is scary.
I think this weekend we are going to harvest the basil and make pesto.

Sonya Ann said...

Treaders-I try and keep things here as easy to follow as possible but I know that even Den would struggle with trying to pay bills if anything happened to me. I saw how my FIL worked for a year on his dad's estate to settle it. It was settled and everything sorted. He was super organized but it still took forever to sort.

Sonya Ann said...

We are: Clamco-I always think that I want to live in the south but the creepy crawlies would about do me in. I hate bugs and that is the only good thing about frost, it kills everything. Maybe I should just stay here and visit the south in the winter.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-Swim a bit for me. I miss it already but not the cleaning part.
I have a notebook that I use for the daily things that I need to get done and the main things are on the calender. To be honest, now I have to keep saying what needs to be added to the list or I'll forget it by the time I get there.
And I am so sorry about your loss and you having to sort everything.

Frances said...

Love finding money. Wish I could find some. LOL! Glad to hear you have so much of your Christmas shopping done. It will provide for much less stress for you at Christmas.

Sorry you had to pack everything up already.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm sorry too that I had to pack up everything. This time of year is so depressing. I try and find things to enjoy about it but I just can't. Its so cold and damp.

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is the biggest work from home website.