Monday, September 14, 2015

Waxing


I'm a summer girl and seeing it leave is depressing for me.  So I figured that I would try and find ways to enjoy the crappy fall. Last year, I came up with this atrocity but it was relaxing to watch and was great when it got cooler out. It was great in the dark too, sort of like me.
I have been collecting free and cheap candles from garage sales and I got this cute little bowl for $.50. Now if I could only find cheap alcohol at garage sales, this would make for a cheap hobby.
I also have been saving all of my good smelling wax from candles that have burned off. I stuck a free candlestick in the wax and let it burn down. Oh and the jar was from my hoard stash.

This worked surprisingly well and was fun to watch plus it smelled great. I need a life. Guess I will have to start hoarding old candle wax now.
Melting,
Sonya Ann



12 comments:

Jill said...

I love candles.... you can get some great deals at yard sales too, I've found a lot of new ones there. :-) Have a great day!!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Light up the night! There is something so soothing about having a burning candle. I will officially be in mourning the day after the fall equinox and will not recover until the winter solstice. (I know it is a mental thing but when the days start getting longer, even though there is still more dark than daylight, I become a happier camper.) Meanwhile I am enjoying a little break from the heat and a day will glorious sunshine!

Cheapchick said...

I am a bit of an addict, candle addict that is. The kids get me pier one gcs to tide over my fix as I am too cheap to buy them myself :) I love watching movies with 8 or 10 candles burning.

Elephant's Child said...

A big yes to sweet smelling candles. And winter. We need to swap hemispheres. I am cringing as our sweaty season looms...

Kimberly Hutmacher said...

I love candles! I just stocked up on some new Fall scents. And I don't mind the Fall, but I totally dread what comes after :(

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-The silly thing is when I used to buy everything new I never wanted to burn the candles because they were so expensive. Now I burn them all of the time because I know that I can get them for so cheap.

Sonya Ann said...

Anne in the kitchen-I feel the same way, I perk up a bit knowing that we will be getting more light. It's only a few moments a day but it makes it seem as if there is hope. I sure wish that you could have sent some of that warm weather up here. It was a pretty cool summer and that means that the odds are good that we are going to have a wickedly cold winter. UGH

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm thinking that I will have to try watching a movie and burning candles. I've never done that before. I think I will have to get a bunch of candles in jars thought. I don't think that our cat Sue will behave if he can get to the flame.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-Swapping sounds awesome! Hemispheres that is.

Sonya Ann said...

Kimberly Hutmacher-I'm trying to have a new attitude about winter. Maybe if I'm more positive about it, it wont be so dreadful. Yeah, that will work.

Frances said...

I LOVE Winter! It is my favorite season. Of course, our Winter is like your Fall or Spring. LOL! Our Summer is like hell.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Thank you for the laugh! I would love hell.