Thursday, October 15, 2015

Expensive and Bald Trees

Remember how our poor tree in the front was dying?
Poor thing!
Isn't it so much better?!?!

DJ worked on it a bit before he left. Well actually, I nagged him most of the summer to trim it and then he did a little bit the day before he left. Typical male. He started the summer out as my go to guy and then fizzled a bit at the end.
Den cleaned up what DJ missed. Oh and he complained about the boy a bit.

And since we are complaining about trees. I saw this sketch of a tree at my bank. They were selling it for almost $400!!!! How crazy is that! I mean its good and all but still.......................

This is the sketch my MIL made for me. It was free because she likes me. I think its better than the one at the bank but I may be prejudice or maybe its because I'm cheap.
Out on a limb,
Sonya Ann

7 comments:

slugmama said...

Add in the cost of the framing and matting(plus materials)and I can see that print going for 4 bills.

Perhaps I should drink and then park my car on your tree next week? Too bad you don't have a fireplace for all that firewood I'll be creating......

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-AS long as you are chopping it into logs after you run it over, I'm good with it.

Practical Parsimony said...

Your mil is an excellent artist.

Elephant's Child said...

Practical Parsimony is right.
Very right.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Nothing beats free art from the heart. Your MIL is very talented.
Your post makes me wonder__I have an ink drawing I did of a tree hanging in my living room. If I hung it at my bank do you think I could get 400 for it?

Cheapchick said...

What a nice gift, and I agree, much nicer than that picture at the bank.

Jane said...

Like the bank doesn't have enough of your money already!! I find your MIL's drawing much nicer anyways!