Thursday, October 29, 2015

Golden Lava

You must make this!! Oh Lord have mercy is this amazing!!!!! It's the crockpot lava cake. It's pure gold or chocolate gold.
I can't believe that something this easy to make is this amazing! But might I suggest a liner for your crockpot.
Here is the most amazing recipe ever posted on the web!!!! I doubled this for one of our many parties. Honestly, I can't believe how little effort this was.
1 devil's food cake mix
1 2/3 cup water
3 eggs
1/3 oil
2 cup milk
1 large package of instant choc pudding
2 cups semi sweet choc chips
Blend the cake mix, water, eggs and oil. Pour into your LINED crockpot.
Whisk milk and pudding mix. Let set up 2 minutes. Spoon over cake mix in your LINED crockpot.
Sprinkle with choc chips
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
To be honest, its a bit difficult to tell when its done. Poke the cake part of it around the edges and see if it is spongy.
This is best served with vanilla ice cream in equal parts. People gobbled this down so fast there was barely a scoop left. They said they were embarrassed for going back for seconds but it didn't stop them.
Chocolate lover,
Sonya Ann


8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am not looking. I am really not looking. And still I can feel that cake settle around my belly.
Love your subtle hints about lining the crockpot. How long did it take to clean (after the humans had mostly finished the job)?

slugmama said...

Well you know if you had a dog you wouldn't have to use a liner in that thing. Of course you'd be paying a vet bill b/c the dog got poisoned by chocolate. So just use me instead to lick it clean. hehehe

Anne in the kitchen said...

Oh my goodness, get thee behind me Satan. Of course I am going to try this and try it soon! Am I correct in assuming you might have forgotten the liner an are letting us know it is needed. Either way I appreciate the heads up.

rivulet said...

You're mean! I strongly dislike cooking with cake mixes but I am completely going to try this now. I have to. I mean I cannot not. Grr

Practical Parsimony said...

Ooooh, I have all the ingredients! I must cook a chicken first, but I am on top of this. Rivulet, I was a cake mix avoider, too. Age cured me!

We are: Clamco said...

Looks dangerous! I wouldn't want to be alone with it. ;-)

Cheapchick said...

That looks wickedly good. You could top it with gummy worms when finished if you wanted to Halloweenie it up :)

Frances said...

Thank goodness Hubby went camping! By the time he gets back I will have forgotten about this post, so won't be tempted to make it.