Monday, October 12, 2015

Inflatable Crockpot

How cute is that!?!?! Den's to do list is growing.
I'm in a rambling mood, or maybe its ADHD or maybe I don't have anything to talk about just odds and ends. You decide while I jump around.
I would like to think there is still a bit of sugar in my heart but maybe not. Ask Den.
Hey, remember the bag with the tags still on it that I got from Goodwill for $2.13. It worked like a champ and it is small enough to fit when the free bag size changes on Spirit. They are replacing all of their planes and the area under the seats is smaller.
I'll just have to work a bit harder to get all of the snacks to fit. Maybe I'll wear cargo pants and fill the pockets. Or maybe I'll ship our snacks. The 'if it fits, it ships" boxes from the post office are around $12.
I found these inflatable travel pillows for $2.47 at Walmart. For under $5, I've become a travel guru.
I'm thinking I'll try and get two for my inlaws for Christmas since they travel a lot. Oh and for the record, if walmart.com says they have a product in-store-don't trust them. I drove all over trying to find two for us.


 And since I'm talking and not really saying anything, I'll ask a question, does anyone have any good crockpot recipes? I'm also looking for some ideas for pre-made freezer to crockpot meals. I would love to put a bunch together and have them waiting for when I'm lazy busy.
Boring,
Sonya Ann


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out Mavis. Her blog is ..... One hundred dollars a month. She has great freeze ahead meals for crock pots.
Karen

Practical Parsimony said...

I mostly use my crockpot for cooking meat in quantity so I can freeze it in portions for later. Have you seen the liners for crockpots so you don't have to wash the crockpot?

slugmama said...

I can attest that your heart is not all black and bitter.....yet.
You can test out those crockpot meals once I get there cuz there ain't gonna be enough time to both cook AND drink!!

Sonya Ann said...

Karen-Thank you so much!!!! I'll head over there. I always love to find new people to read!

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-I love, love, love the liners. I used them when I made lotion bars and didn't want to clean the crock pot.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Maybe just spotted.
Den made some pot roast and froze it so we have a start of a meal. I haven't gotten to a real meal plan yet. I'm sure we will figure something out.

Cheapchick said...

I'm lazy 8 days a week...please share the recipes if you find any good ones.

Elephant's Child said...

My laziness works differently. When I get the energy, I cook up big batches of things we like and freeze portions. When we are lazy I can just take them out of the freezer and heat them up.
And when I used the crockpot more often I didn't bother with recipes. I just threw things in it that I thought went together and walked away. It mostly worked, but I can never recreate the recipes. Or not exactly.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I add to my list when I should be trying to finish it. LOL. But I really do need to find a few easy things.

Sonya Ann said...

Elephant's Child-See I think it is a talent to just throw things together. When I have tried that they just get thrown in the garbage.

Practical Parsimony said...

Inflatable crockpot? Well, that would make it easier to store.