Thursday, November 5, 2015

Blooming

How beautiful is that!?!?! My yard is still blooming in November!!!! It rained a bit and got warmer and everything perked up.
Since it is a slow news day, I will bore you with what is going on in my crack.
Yup, I have more dill blooming in the driveway.
I have green onions growing and MORE dill. IT'S NOVEMBER PEOPLE!! God, I hope I can say that we still have things blooming in December.
And the roses have decided they weren't going to be outdone. It is such a gift to be outside, it has been so nice.
Even indoors, I have managed to keep the basil alive. I'm on a roll!!!
I honestly can't ever remember us having flowers in November. Usually, the end of September is when everything dies.
What is the oddest weather that you have ever had?
Loving fall,
Sonya Ann




9 comments:

slugmama said...

Everything is blooming because I was there recently and my sparkling personality made them happy. Just don't tell them I've left. Ssssshhhhh..... ;-)

Jenny Woolf said...

Sure you are not slipping something into their water?

Practical Parsimony said...

It was 87 degrees on NYE. Everyone went to the garden in our finery, not so warm party clothing to escape the heat of the fireplace. My tunic and palazzo pants were sheer, but I was very hot.

Donna Freedman said...

It's snowy and chilly (19 degrees) here, so I'll just imagine how nice that dill and basil must smell.

Weirdest weather I ever encountered: A combination of thunder, lightning and snow. Very odd.

Elephant's Child said...

I can remember putting the fire on, on Christmas Day. Which is the middle of our summer and usually very, very hot.

McVal said...

So far it's fall here. Some days cooler than others but I'm wearing long sleeves...

Nice crack...

Anne in the kitchen said...

The year I got roller skates for Christmas was a terribly warm year. I remember Christmas morning putting on shorts a shirt and my new skates, skating a while then coming in to change into a sleeveless shirt and still burning up.

Cheapchick said...

Whatever I do I cannot raise basil - it dies every time. Inside I over/under water it. Outside the bugs eat it. I haven't tried dill though, if it grows in cracks how hard can it be? My rhodos are blooming too!

Frances said...

It looks like you are in our town. OUr plants grow and bloom year round.