Monday, November 23, 2015

Cabinet ADHD

I don't have any before pictures of my plastic container cabinet. You can thank me in the comment section for that one!
I'm still plugging away at organizing the entire house. I'm still not anywhere near close to getting it done. Someday, right?
I think the problem is that I keep bouncing from one area of the house to another. Organizational ADHD, maybe?
You know how you always have odd lids and containers that don't have mates? Use one or two of the containers to hold the lids that actually have mates. Why didn't I think of this earlier?
Now what should I do next? Cocktails?
The real question is how long is this going to stay organized?
ADHD mate,
Sonya Ann


6 comments:

Jane said...

The plastic containers cupboard is my nemesis - it only stays organized for a few seconds at a time! The other 99.9% of the time I open the door and toss in whatever I need to store and quickly close the door all in one smooth motion!

Practical Parsimony said...

Plastic is impossible to keep organized. But, yours looks great

Cheapchick said...

I am a recycle container hoarder - have at least 20 in the cupboard at any one time. They are great for freezing berries/pumpkin/stock so I find it difficult to get rid of them, although we do have curb side recycling here. I actually want to buy some glass reusable containers though as like those better for leftovers (not for freezer).

Elephant's Child said...

Cocktails sounds good. (Is it wrong to say that before six in the morning?)

Chy said...

We got rid of all our plastics a few years ago when the big concerns about BPA's came out (hope I have that right!). Started buying the containers from Costco that are glass and love them. Just found a box of Tupperware when we were packing to move and ended up donating the whole thing. Someone at the Thrift store will be happy!

For storage, I have the containers all stacked by size and then the lids in order of size, lined up on their sides, resting against the cupboard wall with the containers holding them up. Works pretty good most of the time. I get a bit peeved when my dh or dd don't stack them "right"!! They're getting better.

Janie Junebug said...

My cabinets stay pretty well organized because I give them orders. I say, It's my way or the highway. I'm always organizing something because when I run out of things to organize, then I start over and organize something in a different way.

Love,
Janie