Monday, November 16, 2015

Chicken Soup And Bowl

Ok, this picture is blurry but I was in a hurry. I was hungry and Den complains when I take pictures of my food. He's rude but a good cook so I keep him.
When I was in IN visiting DJ, I found these at Walmart. They are amazing noodles and we need to eat these all the time. I haven't found them in IL but you can order them from walmart.com. Just do it! I also have been cheating and buying roasted chickens and boiling the skin and bones down for broth for my soup. I'm all about the lazy.
This is a yarn bowl but I think it would be awesome to serve guests soup in. How great would it be if I handed you your bowl and soup was coming out of its nose!?!?!?! Maybe carrot chunks? Sometimes I love how my mind works!
Dripping,
Sonya Ann


10 comments:

slugmama said...

What Den doesn't make his own noodles? lol
That bowl is so you and thankfully you didn't serve me soup while I was at your house.....

SAM said...

I was hungry when I saw the soup...then scrolled down to the bowl. Now, not so much. Clever though!

Jane said...

I think it would look great with a noodle coming out of its nose - sniff sniff! Let's snot and say we did!

MiserlyMac said...

That soup looks delicious!!! Those are my favorite type of noodles, I need to buy those.
The yarn bowl is cute!

Cheapchick said...

I've seen that yard bowl - pretty cute/nasty :) I have a weird chicken thing, one of my favorite things to eat on the first day but I cannot eat it as leftovers. I get a gag/throw up reflex. I also cannot boil carcasses for stock, same gag/throw up reflex. Not sure why. Same thing happens with turkey - a shame as I have to throw out the carcass and hubby has to eat all the leftovers along with my Mom. Never heard of anyone else having this.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I adore your dark humor! Keep it up!

Elephant's Child said...

Love that bowl.
It could make a good dietary aid too. Portion control: If it is coming out of the nose, there is too much. Which I can't argue with...

Practical Parsimony said...

That bowl is gross and I want one. I don't think I could wear anything crafted from that yarn. It would seem like snotty yarn. Serving someone soup in that would be so gross and perfect.

Janie Junebug said...

I love chicken soup. I used to make my own noodles. I'm sorry, but I don't like the yarn bowl. I don't mind that you have it, though. I'm generous that way.

Love,
Janie

Jenny Woolf said...

I looked at the yarn bowl and thought that you were explaining that the stuff in it was a kind of noodle (obviously, wrapped up in a ball, and coloured strange colours.) Of course we read such strange things on peoples blogs, we end up being utterly credulous. I now realise that you were referring to the photo above and you don't expect your guests to fork the noodles through those nostrils.

Well, I'll stop commenting now.