Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Cursed Chili Feet

These feet were made for walking throwing out a bad ass curse.
I love my husband, I really do but sometimes I have to have the oddest conversations with him. It went a little something like this.....................
Den-I bought something to add to your Halloween costume.
Me-What?
Then he pulls out a package of chicken feet.
Me-What are you planning on doing with them?
Den-(Smiling from ear to ear) You are going to wear them.
Me-Ummmm, thank you for the thought but I'm not wearing chicken feet.
Who has to have conversations like this with their mate?
So I compromised and wore chicken bones around my neck and he tied the chicken feet on my walking stick/curse you pole.
I know I tell too much but he said that he was going to get in to bed with me with the mask on and would I like that? I'm not having sex with anything that has a burlap bag on their head. I may keep a knife under my pillow. Again, who has problems like this?!?!?!
We had a blast at the party and I ended up having to talk myself out of puking at about 3am or would it be 2am cuz of the time change? I refused to throw-up amaretto and chili. I'll be giving my poor body a rest this week.
As hard as it is to believe, I was wide awake Sunday and without a hangover. We spent the day tearing down all the Halloween decorations. So sad. I guess its because I know that I will have to start planning Thanksgiving and getting gifts for Christmas. Maybe if I had a ton of cash this wouldn't be so miserable. But I will console myself with the fact that I should be getting a big chunk of money from the credit card soon. I'm thinking I'll buy gift cards and leave it at that.
That is a picture of all of my Thanksgiving/fall decorations. It took all of 2 minutes to decorate. It is much easier than Halloween.
Hey, did I tell you that we are going to have 25+ people at our house for Thanksgiving? I just kept inviting people and they just kept saying yes. Den's was pleading with me to shut-up stop. I even invited people to stay with us. I will have to set up tables in the crawl space and the attic. I'll just drink and it will be great. Oh did I tell you that the people that I invited to stay with us, hate when people drink? Bahahahahaha, I'm going to build up their tolerance to drunks!
So what did you do this weekend? Did you puke chili?
Resting,
Sonya Ann


11 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I love the chicken feet - but when I saw the picture I thought you were going with a new dinner recipe lmfao :)

slugmama said...

You two look awesome!!!LOLZ

Well I know the only reason Den agreed to a photo was because nobody can see his face!
Man, he is really creepy in that get up....and not in a good "sexy and want to have sex with him" way.

But a bag over the head would improve a few men I have known in the past...hehehe

Even with that little bit you still have more Thanksgiving decorations than I do. lolol

Practical Parsimony said...

The chicken feet conversation is hilarious. Did you cook them first or just go about spreading raw chicken to everyone. ewww is about all I can think. Did you curse anyone? But, that is a great costume, Den's too. Keep the knife close. You two have a great imagination, even if does include a bag in bed.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Your costume is fantastic, but I would have to draw the line at chicken feet. I know a really good voodoo or santaria curse requires them but I have never been able to even look at them once they are no longer attached to a living chicken, much less use them.

You have me beat by a mile with your Thanksgiving decor. I have 3 gourds by the foyer table and that is pretty much it. We aren't going to be in town for the holiday so I see no reason to decorate. I will have my front door and porch Thanksgivinish, but that is just a decoy so the neighbors will think I am almost normal.

Meanwhile I am slowly getting all my Christmas stuff organized and ready for installation. I am seriously thinking of blacking out the dining room and living room windows with black construction paper so I can go ahead and get it done without looking like a freak to the outside world. Of course then I have to worry that they might think I am cooking meth instead of just jumping the gun for Christmas.

Kimberly Hutmacher said...

I can always count on a smile when I ready your blog :) We had family over for Halloween. Lots of candy and pizza, but no chili or puking :)

Elephant's Child said...

Big smiles. Years back himself made a 40 chilli curry. And understood what burning ring of fire really meant.

Treaders said...

You look great, you party animal! Frankly I would have preferred sex with my ex if he had had a burlap sack over his head but .... now I don't have to worry about finding a burlap sack any more. And regarding puking up chili, in my considered opinion, not matter WHAT you ate you always end up puking up carrots - or is that just me.

But frankly, I don't know where you get your energy from to have all those people over. I know I couldn't cope with it. Good on ya!

SAM said...

Great costumes. I am married to the Halloween Grinch, so to have a hubby actually get part of costume would be out if character let alone wear one.

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-Den cooked them on low for hours. And eww is right. Actually, I did curse my neighbor, she was giving me lip and I cursed her. I have to say I felt quite powerful.

Jane said...

No, I didn't puke chili but considering that was what I was going to have for dinner it's definitely a possibility for tonight! You are one wild woman!!

Frances said...

We stayed home and prayed no one knocked on the door. LOL! We had candy but Hubby wanted it for himself. Chicken feet make me feel cursed just looking at them.