Monday, November 2, 2015

Growing Lotion

Look how cute my lotion tin is. Yeah, sometimes I'm just here to brag. I think I got this from the bag sale at the church.
I filled it with another batch of homemade lotion. This one is one part shea butter, one part bees wax, and one part olive oil. Its so nice and creamy. And for some unknown reason, this seems to get rid of blackheads. I'm not saying I found the cure but like I said before, I'm here to brag. But really, after a month of slathering this on my face every night, they all went bye-bye.

And since we are talking about things that are going bye-bye. Now that everything in the yard is dying from the cold weather and its time to rip everything out of the ground.

I can now grow morning glories. WHY DO THESE THINGS HAPPEN TO ME!?!?!?!?! I tried ALL SUMMER long to get the damned things to grow.
Not to be outdone by the morning glories, the tomato plants decided it was time to produce. The Powers that be like to pick on me. I would like to believe that this is a sign that we will have a mild winter. Right? I'm just trying to look for a positive.
Winter's green thumb,
Sonya Ann


7 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I finally ripped the tomatoes out because the rains were making the leaves go black - but they were still producing too! Your little tin is very cute - great score.

Elephant's Child said...

If you hang the tomato plants upside down in the garage they will keep producing.
Morning glory is classed as a noxious weed in many states here. A plant with world domination plans... Pretty though. As it swallows yet another farmhouse...

Anne in the kitchen said...

I understand about the late producing plants. My zinnia bed struggled with the heat, but I have flowers coming out the wahzoo now. Same for the marigolds and my hibiscus is blooming and looks better than it did all summer.

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm glad to see someone else except me has cussed plants.

Practical Parsimony said...

That sounds like a good lotion to have. Do your sell it? Share the recipe?

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-It's one part shea butter, one part bees wax, and one part olive oil. I think it is too easy to make so people probably wouldn't buy it.

Frances said...

So, this lotion does not break your face out? I think it would probably cause more problems for mine. Yes, I am 58 and still get zits. Ugh!