Monday, December 28, 2015

Hawaiian Love

GOOD LAWD!!! Yell it with me! These are amazing!!!!!! They are mini Hawaiian sandwiches. We gobbled these down like a bunch of pigs. Here is the original recipe.
I changed it up a bit. This is what I did, I sliced a 24 pack of Hawaiian bread in half and then went apeshit with mayo on both sides. We all agreed that avocado would be awesome too. I peppered both sides and then added ham, roast beef and turkey.
Flip the top back on and mix together, 1 stick melted butter, 1 1/2 tablespoon mustard, 1 1/2 Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoon dried onion. Brush the mixture on. Make sure that you have your picky son redo everything that you did because it wasn't spread evenly enough for his tastes. Bake for 20ish minutes at 350.
This was beyond wonderful. The only thing that I would do differently is I would cut it into four pieces before I baked it. The inside was a bit soggy.
And now I'm hungry. Tis' the season!!
Not picky,
Sonya Ann 

4 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Hm, DJ is maybe more like Den? I find it funny how kids can be picky about food and then let their bedrooms become the equivalent of a pig sty :) Happy New Year!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Oh my goodness that looks delicious. If I had an ark I would float to the grocery store for Hawaiian Rolls. Instead I will stay inside and watch the rain pour sideways while I dream of sandwiches I am not going to get to eat

Elephant's Child said...

I am very, very grateful that it is too hot to have the oven on.

McVal said...

Wow... Do you put the entire cube of butter on top??? That looks delicious...