Sunday, January 24, 2016

Makin' It And Savin' It Sunday

Do you want to win the lotto? I do, well, I did until I read the story about 21 Lottery Winners Who Lost Everything over at the Penny Hoarder. I would like to think that I would manage the money better but I can see how easy it would be to piss it all away especially at 16!!!!
I think you would need a lawyer, a body guard, an assistant to stop all the calls, and an accountant. Oh and someone to stop you from spending money. I think I would set aside money to donate, blow and then save the rest. But it would be hard. Would you spend or save?
Handbag lover,
Sonya Ann

3 comments:

Treaders said...

Ha ha. I think half the fun of playing is daydreaming about what I would do with it. I wouldn't want to win a massive amount anyway. Too dangerous. A million would be nice though! I wouldn't change much about my life though and would set up a foundation to give away grants after a couple of massive donations (Royal National Lifeboat Association, Sally Army etc.). I just read today of a young man in the US who won almost half a million dollars and was shot and killed in a home invasion. Sad. I remember "begging" God to win something years ago - not a lot but just enough to get me and my kids away from my ex. Came home and the local store called - I had won a fondue set! So you see, God really does have a sense of humour! Anna

slugmama said...

I could be the one to make you stop spending and screen your calls and mix your drinks.
What's the position pay? lolz

Anne in the kitchen said...

I hate shopping so I don't think I would spend a lot of it. I had fund deciding what I would do with the winnings, which is odd because I never buy lottery tickets since I don't ever win anything.