Thursday, January 7, 2016

Skinny Lie


Sometimes, I think that I should just lie. Wouldn't that be easier? I could say that I have the perfect kids, husband and my ass is fabulous.
I am still dieting and I have to say that a splash of a balsamic vinaigrette makes carrots so much better. Give them a squirt and then broil them for 15ish minutes. Healthy and Happy, right?
But..................................................

This might have happened around here too! Kielbasa is diet food, right?
I dumped 3 cans of cream of chicken soup, 3 bags of hash-browns, kielbasa and an onion in the crockpot for 6ish hours(remember you don't get recipes here, you get guidelines.).

It was alright if you got enough salt and pepper on it. DJ and Den loved it. I thought it was bland. But they ate and ate like they had never been fed before. Hmmmmm, maybe I should cook more often.

Hard to believe but there were some leftovers the next night so I fixed it. As in fixed it, I mean I fried it in bacon grease.

Ahhhhhh, so much better. Den and DJ liked it better pre-greased. They aren't right.
So how's your diet? Is it as tasty as mine?
Fatty,
Sonya Ann

13 comments:

slugmama said...

So you are on the carrot and hash browns diet? Sounds like just the thing for a rabbit and will give you a fluffy tail. hahaha

I have had a hankering for making Halushki lately(cabbage, noodles, onion and bacon in about a pound of butter). Hey if your diet works so should this one, right? ;-)

I just took off the 3 lbs. I gained on vacation last week, rah!

SAM said...

Sounds like a Minnesota recipe-anything covered with cream of something soup and thrown in the crock pot. Remember, we have a huge Scandinavian back ground where salt and pepper are considered spices, and if the food has little to no color, all the better. I get crazy when I dare to add the curry powder.

Jennifer said...

Y'all are cracking me up this morning! I am spice queen - almost everything I make gets garlic, tumeric, smoked paprika, thyme, salt, pepper and depending on the dish - cayenne, cilantro, basil, oregano, or parsley. I am not much into rosemary or sage.

Do use tumeric though - almost no taste, but ever so good for your blood. We have to keep the blood pumping!

Cheapchick said...

I need to make smaller meals. I don't meal plan but just recorded what we ate the last 10 days and there were far too many leftovers. I am with you though, give me some grease or butter and I'm happy.

Hawaii Planner said...

The husband would die if I made that. I think it sounds delicious, btw. I made my own balsamic dressing & have been putting over a bed of spinach & tomatoes. Is it great? No. Does it make eating more veggies palatable. Yes

Practical Parsimony said...

Salt and pepper do pass as spices here. Some days, I leave both those off my food. However, I season with bell pepper, celery, and onion. People do think my food is tasty and do take seconds. When my garlic is ready to harvest, I will use that, too. Cans of soup do make for tasty eating, but I try not to cook with those too often because of sodium. Now, I am hungry.

Elephant's Child said...

Lots of spice here. Himself once made a forty chili curry. It burned going down, it burned coming out.

McVal said...

I'm working on all the holiday leftovers before I even consider lettuce...
I ate some leftover spaghetti noodles today for lunch, nuked with 1.5 tablespoons of butter and half a jar of tomato pesto.

I can only assume that was good for me. I won't weigh myself tomorrow.

Anne in the kitchen said...

The sausage is not a diet food until you add the hash browns and the cream of soup. Then it becomes a tasty diet meal. Right?

Michelle said...

Bacon fat is the best diet food of them all! Best tasting anyway...

Jill said...

Lol.... you crack me up! So far I've been eating pretty healthy for the new year... but then it's only day 7....

Blessings,
Jill

Janie Junebug said...

I grilled burgers on Christmas Day. The weather was lovely. Burgers are a big favorite with Willy Dunne Wooters.

Love,
Janie

Jenny Woolf said...

I never even heard of kielbasa but fried sounds like my kind of diet