Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Second Hand and Free Box Mashup

Back in September, I scored a few awesome finds at a bag sale.
I realized that the yellow jacket from the bag sale was almost dead on like this designer one.
Not long after that I found a slightly torn geisha costume in a free box at a garage sale. Damn, I wished I could look that sexy in things like that. Sorry off track again.
Anywho, I loved the print. And got my poor, poor mother in law involved.
She sewed an adorable scarf out of it. She really is great and she has no problem getting involved with some crazy plan that I have going on. Den married his mother, she is always cooking something up too.
The jacket cost me $.33 and the scarf material was free. I'll find a way to repay my mother in law, Donna. I'm thinking toes or lunch or something.
I really can't take selfies and I am nowhere near skinny enough to post selfies but I love this jacket and scarf and I wanted you to see it. I've gotten many compliments on it too.
Have you gotten any good second hand deals lately? What was your most excellent find?
$.33ing,
Sonya Ann






12 comments:

Jill said...

Wow what an awesome deal! Love it and you look beautiful! :-)

Blessings,
Jill

slugmama said...

I haven't found anything as awesome as that Longaberger special ed. basket in Summer 2014 when I went thrifting with you.
And I bet if you stood in that outfit next to your fat cousin you'd feel mighty svelte! lolz

Cheapchick said...

I absolutely love the jacket/scarf combo - beautiful!

Cheapchick said...

PS Why would your motherinlaw want toes? And where would you get them :)

Anne in the kitchen said...

Love the jacket, the print and love your refashioning ! I have gotten nothing thrifty or even somewhat thrifty, but I am trying to get rid of stuff, lots of stuff before I bring anything other than consumables into the house.

MiserlyMac said...

You look so pretty Sonya, Red and yellow are two of my favorite colors and you look great in them.

Jenny Woolf said...

That is beautiful. You look great and it is a really chic combination. People like your mother in law are worth their weight in gold. I sometimes buy wonderful things or get them for free and then they just sit there because I don't know what to do with them.
Yes, I didn't understand about the toes either. Does she like her toes sucked or something? LOL

Michelle said...

Hope you mean you will get your MIL a pedicure, if not getting her some, "toes", could be another post altogether! lol

Donna Freedman said...

Those are great colors on you! Wear them always.

Jane said...

That's great - nothing ever goes as low as .33 around here. I was thrifting last week and found an area rug (brand new) for 2.99 and a great shelf to show my carvings for 6.99 (real wood!)

SAM said...

Missed this post somehow! Great jacket and I echo the comment about people who can sew magic out of nothing. Have her sew Den a swanky handkerchief for his pocket with the remnants. You'll both be styling.

Sunny said...

You look fantastic.