Monday, January 4, 2016

Would You Eat Green Chicken And Tortillas

I am S.A.M. No really, I am!!!
I would not eat green eggs but I would eat green salsa. Ok, fine, it is called salsa verde but stop being so damned picky!!!!
This is AWESOME!!! WOW!!! No really, read this and then make it. I got this recipe off of facebook and now I can't find it so whoever posted this, much love to you!!!
Throw 2.5ish pounds of frozen chicken breasts into the crockpot with 1 bottle of beer, 2 cups of salsa verde and 1tablespoon of cumin. Let it cook with the lid on for 6ish hours. Shred it.  Look-like everything else here, its a guideline not a recipe. You might want to go light on the cumin. We can't get enough of it but it is a strong spice so do what you think. I also, cooked it for about an hour with the lid off so it wasn't so soupy but again, its all you baby!!
We gobbled this down and so did DJ. Nothing but love for this recipe. I would eat this in a house, mine or yours. But the mouse would not be welcome. I'm rude like that!
S.A.M-I am,
Sonya Ann

7 comments:

slugmama said...

I'd probably add garlic and a can of green chiles too.
Everything is better with garlic, right? ;-)

Rachel said...

Yumm!

Cheapchick said...

Yum - for many years it was difficult to get a corn tortilla in Canada. Now that isn't an issue but Salsa verde is :) There is one store 1.5 hrs away in the town I get the dog groomed at that carries almost anything imported and I bought my own tortilla press. Next time I'm there I need some salsa verde! I love Mexican food but it is difficult to obtain (at least anything that resembles real mexican food) here.

Elephant's Child said...

Yum to Salsa Verde. And cummin. And garlic.
Hold the chicken.

rivulet said...

I like Sluggy's suggestion but that recipe looks great! My very picky husband would love that too. I think you've just given me a new meal for the month :)

Michelle said...

This recipe must have been made for me. Beer + slasa verde + chicken + tortillas = heaven to me. I could eat this kind of stuff 3 times a day. And, I love me some cumin.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Sounds great and I will try it the next time I go to the store. Have it all but salsa verde