Monday, January 25, 2016

You OK Jacket

Anna sent this to me the other day. I had to wonder about her mental health so I send this.................................................
She said I win! And she said that she was fine.  Bless her, she has had a few breakdowns.
They are cute. God only knows where they will be living in say a year but its not on my dime. I miss her and I hope that the car we gave her is still running. As long as it starts and the CD player works that is all she cares about even if all the lights on the dash are flashing.
She made me proud the other day when she told me that she only shops 2nd hand now. She said after seeing what came in the door when she worked at the 2nd hand store, she hates to buy new. Some of that might have to do with the fact that she is poor. No, I'm sure its because she is being more financially responsible.  Right.
Speaking of second hand....................................
I scored this lovely jacket for $6.99 at Goodwill. I will be wearing it to Den's Christmas party this year. If you have to go to a fancy-schamancy Christmas party, it seems that January is the month to hit the 2nd hand stores. There were tons of Christmasy/dressy clothes out. This is a much better plan than trying to search for something the end of November(ask me how I know!). It's a bit tight in the upper arms but wouldn't it be great if I lost some weight by December. I'm delusional and chunky.
Back in September, I scored a bunch of jackets at a bag sale. I gave some to my neighbor, she has an important job and has to dress up and they reminded me of her. Hey, at $.33 a jacket I can afford to be generous.

Yup, the identical jacket was going for $59!!! Hmmm, might want to get that one back. LOL.
Do your kids make you nuts? Does second hand shopping make you happy?
Lookin' to score,
Sonya Ann




5 comments:

slugmama said...

"Do your kids make you nuts?"
Oh honey, you have NO idea!......Ok, maybe you do. lolz

Cheapchick said...

Kids make us totally nuts! My stepdaughter who is now 18 and hopefully going to pass her final semester of highschool is living with her boyfriend and his dad. We pay $500 room and board but only until she completes high school then she is on her own. She has had a job since November and her boyfriend graduated last June and only worked the summer then has been unemployed ever since. She seems to be growing frustrated - yay! Finally she might be getting it that in order to be a productive citizen one must work, go to school and make something of themselves(*in our family this does not mean going to College, just being useful lol). He was brought up differently. She is starting to talk of options where to move after school is done :) She said she doesn't think her relationship is going anywhere - 6 months ago she wouldn't look 2 weeks down the road so that is a start. Anna will be fine, all kids are young and stupid even when they hit technically legal adulthood.

McVal said...

My kids are into thrifting too! However since I sew... Maddy just called and asked if I'd make 2 dirndls for some friends of hers. Apparently if they dress in traditional costume for a project they'll get extra credit. Maddy is going to wear Matthew's lederhosen.

I'm not sure I want to know why he has them...

I'm guessing he found them thrifting.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am not sure if my kids do the thrifting thing or just do without. Son3 lives in his first ever college apartment in Manhattan. We did buy him a bed but nothing else and he seems to have managed to furnish it by rehoming furniture, appliances, hh goods etc from friends who are leaving the city. (Others graduations seem to be very beneficial to him)

Thrifting does not make me happy right now. I don't want to bring anything else into my home until I get rid of years and years of accumulated things. I am overwhelmed and overrun with things. 3 semesters until he is totally on his own!

Donna Freedman said...

When you get stuff that classy, maybe you should sell it on eBay? (Although that can be a colossal pain in the butt.)

I wanna go thrifting with you. Could be I'll get there in May...