Saturday, February 6, 2016

Our 2016 Mission

I'm still plugging along with trying to accomplish stuff/things in 2016. I'm really hoping that I can look back on 2016 and see that I did actually get a few things done.
I would like to start planning on a bathroom redo. We have all of the tile now we just need a cabinet and sink. Maybe the universe will gift us something. The universe was pretty generous with tile and the awesome light fixture that Den broke. It is still out in the garage so I will have to start looking for new glass for the around the bulbs. No biggie. I bought the fixture at Goodwill for $9.99 and we got the tile for $20. Think I can keep the remodel under $300? We shall see.
Den got the Christmas lights off of the house and our lovely reindeer that love having sex off the front lawn.
Den also fixed the brakes on the 04 Amanti. We are getting closer to putting a for sale sign in it. It needs a catalytic converter so we may order a cheap one and Den will probably use clamps on it. Baby steps on the car situation.
I started Spring cleaning. Yuck. I've decided just to wash a few things here and there and not pull an entire room apart seeing as that makes me a bit nuts. But the kitchen cabinets are in desperate need of a good scrub. Sigh and yuck.
I'm dejunking at will but Den is part of the problem. He for some unknown reason doesn't like to come home from work, tie on his babushka and dejunk. His game room needs some work. Oh well, I've got a year to nag him help him get it done.
Did you get a lot done this week?
Moving along,
Sonya Ann

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Baby steps, baby steps! As long as it is mostly forward it is all good. I got some done and didn't get some things done I had planned on doing. But life and time moves on and there is always this week. Maybe I will actually double up on what I do. Probably not, but maybe!

Cheapchick said...

Definitely progress! I don't know if you have any Habitat Restore thrift stores in your area but they are a great place to pick up fixtures/tile/paint. We bought a small piece of office furniture from ours and all the money goes towards homes to be built. We also donated all our air vents when we changed them out to that location.

Elephant's Child said...

I hope to get the gutters replaced. We NEED to get the gutters replaced. Ditto on the carpet front.