Sunday, March 20, 2016

Makin' It And Savin' It Sunday

I still read every money saving article/tip that I can. Is it an obsession or the smart thing to do?
I read an article at Penny Hoarder about 3 Simple Make-Ahead Breakfasts to Help you Save Money and Get Out the Door. I'm not a breakfast person but I used to keep muffins available at all times when the kids were living here. I would make huge bags of them and the kids would scarf them down at an alarming clip. Anna was a relentless eater back in the day. Most days Anna ate more then Den. Here is the muffins recipe that Anna loved. Hmmmm, I am getting all sentimental here.
What do you do for breakfast? Are you a prepared breakfast person?
Coffee Only,
Sonya Ann

5 comments:

Cheapchick said...

That muffin recipe you made for the kids looks good and I even have all the ingredients! My go to muffin is banana pineapple and sometimes throw in coconut if I have it. Both hubby and I love them.

Elephant's Child said...

Breakfast here is several cups of tea (me), or a cup of coffee (him).
Not recommended by the experts, but it has worked for us for a very long time.

SAM said...

I'm coffee and loads of it, but a few hours into the morning I like a little something. I make breakfast 3 o 5 days a week for daughter-she is so petite and I just can't bare to send her frail little body (I exaggerate) off to school without a hearty breakfast (except on the days she get cold cereal or toast). Though, I can get French Toast or pancakes whipped up pretty quick and i think they're cheaper than cold cereal and have ore staying power. I like muffins though-easy for me to grab and go and make great after school or after activity snack.

Janie Junebug said...

Chocolate milk. I can't eat until I've been up for a few hours. My stomach needs time to wake up. Food doesn't appeal to me at all in the morning.

Love,
Janie

Anne in the kitchen said...

Coffee, lots of black coffee until about 10:30 and then I am ready to eat. I do not like food in my mouth until I have been up a few hours, and what is this "prepared" word you are talking about?