Friday, April 1, 2016

Fabulous Friday

I just LOVE Fridays. Not only because I get a weekend with Den but I love these posts. Really, its my favorite post of the week. I like poking around to find good ideas and maybe just maybe doing one or two.
This is absolutely brilliant! It's from Dwell Beautiful. I still write thank you notes. I know that writing a thank you is on its way out but I still think that it is a necessity. And on occasion, I even make my own cards. I love that that society as a whole is moving forward and becoming green, doing away with waste but I have to say that the "art" of the handwritten thank you card is the one old fashion thing that I will hold on to.
I keep all of my greeting card stuff in a ratty, old basket in the kitchen. I'm wondering how I could fit a station in the cabinet. I need to come up with a plan!
What are your plans for the weekend? Are you writing cards? Are you green?
Happy Fridaying,
Sonya Ann

4 comments:

We are: Clamco said...

I don't have a greeting card station, but I do have a nice decorative box that I keep cards in. I just purged a whole bunch and donated them to a thrift store as I don't send cards as often as I used to. I still can't resist buying nice ones though. Bought a bunch recently at a craft show with nice art on them. Have a great weekend!

SAM said...

I don't do well at crafts but I too like to pop real handwritten notes in the mail to express appreciation, sympathy, recognition, greetings, and love getting real mail like that. My SIL gave me a box of generic card with an organizer. I love it. It is compact, and I can add cute cards as I have it. I guess it is the emergency card box, but nice to have on hand.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I have a shoe box I keep blank cards in. Inside the shoebox I have another box of bits and pieces to attach to the blank cards. I like sending notes, both of thanks (I always sent those) and also congratulations for whatever successes life brings, sympathy notes and general thinking of you notes. I am continually amazed when someone remarks on a note I sent. (If I am being perfectly honest I started writing notes because my sister always sis and I kept hearing how blooming thoughtful she was. I am not the thoughtful sister but at least I realized how important written communication is, even if I was a little late to the party)

Elephant's Child said...

I am green but not green enough. And sometimes think the green that I am is mould. I do write thank you's and need to write more. I don't make cards though. Not clever enough.