Sunday, April 24, 2016

Makin' It And Savin' It Sunday

I'm still poking around at the Penny Hoarder, oh and Pinterest. Who knew?
Anywho, I found an interesting read about "11 Surprisingly Affordable Healthy Foods You should have in Your Pantry." Not to brag but I have all but one in our stash. I have instant and regular rice but no brown rice so can I have a half point for the white and instant?
What is your go to cheap meal? I like to start with a box of noodles and see what I can make using them. We keep frozen chili and spaghetti so that is an easy meal. I'm also not above throwing some chopped up pepperoni, whatever veg we have on hand and some Italian dressing in a bowl and calling it dinner.
Hungry again,
Sonya Ann

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I can't even say we have a go-to meal really because I will throw whatever we have together and call it supper. Most of the time it is forgettable, sometimes delicious and occasionally regrettable. No matter what, we eat it and move on to the next meal. I do keep a lot of things frozen and semi prepared so I can make meals quickly. I truly love cooking as long as I don't have to take a lot of time doing it or wash a lot of dishes. I really need a staff. I am pretty sure I would be a kid yet messy boss.

A. Marie said...

I am happy to say that I have most of those ingredients in my pantry!! And yes, you should def get half point for the white and instant. :)

slugmama said...

I got everything(except maybe not some of the fresh produce at the moment but I do buy them all)in my pantry, even that "sand of the culinary world, quinoa. bleck

And no, no points for white or instant rice. Unless you have low blood sugar and you need a quick jolt. ;-)