Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Windy Scarves

I'm tired of going. LOL. It's been more like a marathon than an enjoyable visit with Cindy and the boys. But it was worth it.
On Friday, we went to Tsukasa. It was super yummy and they made our food right in front of us. It was Justin's birthday so we celebrated and celebrated.
We went back to my inlaw's house and Justin opened the gift from us. It was only $25 but I gave him all singles. He said, "This is like a thousand bucks. I'm rich." Yeah, I'm generous. How long before he catches on?
Later, Dalten and his mom Kathy came over for cake. This was probably the only moment they sat still. I felt sorry for my inlaw's house. It took a beating.
I had said we were only going to stop over and visit for a little while and we ended up staying until after 10pm. Love them dearly but I'm worn out.
I did manage to squeeze a quick Goodwill run in this weekend too. I found these adorable scarves for $1.99 each and they were brand new with the Target tags still on them. Yup, 15 scarves for $32.09. $2.14 a scarf with tax!!!!!!!At this rate, I won't need a Christmas fund because I will have everything that I need by then. But not to fear, I'm still working on funding the fund. I just haven't cashed anything in yet.
Saturday, we had weather from Hell. See how cute they were. Notice I said WERE.
Yeah, it was a windy mess here. We had rain, snow, white out conditions, and then...................
Clear skies. It was crazy weather. The good thing is the snow didn't stick around and on Sunday, it was 60. And what did we do Sunday? I made a pot of spaghetti and that was it. We napped. We can't keep up with the young whipper snappers anymore.
How's your weather? How's your napping abilities?
Tired,
Sonya Ann







4 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love being around little folks, but they wear me out. I no longer even pretend I can keep up with them. Good for you for managing to, even if you paid for it Sunday!

Woo hoo! Excellent Goodwill find!

Elephant's Child said...

Napping? Rare (too rare) bliss.
And keeping up with the young 'uns is beyond me.

Michelle said...

No time for napping around here! Little folks wear me down.....I teach 2nd grade, so that is all I can take!

Wendy @ The contented Cavern said...

Napping is such s lovely treat, and comes so easily these days lol. Those scarves look fab I love scarves they make a great pressie to give and receive what a bargain.