Thursday, May 26, 2016

Expensive Cheat

Den and I were at a high end nursery looking for some hard to find plants when I spied this Amazing and Crazy expensive fairy garden. They sell everything your heart desires to make a perfect fairy garden. And trust me, your heart's desires are incredibly expensive. It was $8 for a flipping jar of sand. SAND!!!!!!
I'm thinking a trip to the beach and Goodwill add some creativity and you could get something almost as cute and a hell of a lot cheaper.
I'm terrible at plant names so I cheat and take pictures of the flowers and then look for them at cheaper places. The high end nursery wanted $15 for this plant, I got it for $5 at another store.
I need this!!! I try and love my plants but so many don't make it. It's the effort that counts, right?
Gardening loser,
Sonya Ann


9 comments:

slugmama said...

Who would want all those tchotchkes in their yard at any price? Just more money out the pocket and more shit to keep-up in the yard.
I don't get it.......

But I am good at getting infections everywhere I go.
A trip to India would most certainly finish me off.....yay me!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I don't understand Fairy gardens either. If you can't pick it and put it in a vase, lop it with hedge clippers, eat it. or run over it with a mower it has no place in my yard. I guess I was behind the door when the girly gene was passed our.

Cheapchick said...

I need one of those I tried it died signs too :) Those garden centres are like crack sellers I tell ya!

McVal said...

Yikes!!! That's pricey sand! I'd go to the local park and pilfer some into your purse when no ones looking...

Elephant's Child said...

Fairy gardens? Someone has more time and more money and more energy than I can muster. I tried, it died it true of everyone who has ever gardened. I HAVE to believe that it isn't just me.

Practical Parsimony said...

I love to look and wonder at fairy gardens and have a small plan of my own. However, bending that far to install it and "mowing" it with scissors is not in the plan. Raccoons would probably carry it off piece by piece.

Michelle said...

A visit to Dollar Tree store would yield a few tiny houses. But, I wouldn't be able to keep up with a fairy garden!

SAM said...

Up until a younger friend posted a picture a few weeks back on FB I never heard of a fairy garden.

Jenny Woolf said...

I think one or two of my garden plants are evil and kill the other plants.