Sunday, May 29, 2016

Makin' It And Savin' It Sunday

Ahhh, the minivan dilemma!!! I have to say that I completely love my van and I have since we bought Ol' Girl off of my MIL. She is a 06 Kia. As much as I love her, she is having some issues now. Her doors open and close at will. The radio changes stations when you turn the volume up. The lighter/charger no longer works so when you head out to retrieve the boy, you better have a full charge on your phone if you use it for GPS. That model was notorious for wiring problems. That said, we paid $3000 for her and we have gotten every penny out of her.
Pop over to the Penny Hoarder and read the article on minivan love. Do you have a van? Is it a love or hate relationship?
Lover,
Sonya Ann


6 comments:

slugmama said...

Ditched my minivan 2 years ago for my little Sonic and haven't looked back. The only time I miss a large vehicle is when we have to load in or bring home College Boy from college.....then we have to rent a cargo van. ugh.

Of course if I lived where you do I'd want as much steel between me and all those other crazy drivers! lol

Practical Parsimony said...

I don't have a minivan, but really would love to own one.

Cheapchick said...

Maybe there is nothing wrong with the minivan - it is just possessed?

Bobbie said...

I'm on my third minivan (switched from Toyota to Honda) and absolutely love it - we have fit a full sized sofa in it!

I had been joking with my husband that I've been driving a minivan for 22 years and that my next car would be a sports car. On Christmas morning there was a key fob in my stocking and a 2016 Mazda Miata in the driveway! He wanted me to have it before I was too old to drive it!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I keep my vehicle until I have gotten every penny out of it. I am still driving a 2004 mini van and will keep it until it dies. I think I am getting another one even though I don't cart kids around or anything remotely like that. I do love being able to haul a chair or desk and get it in an out by myself. I am not sure I could do that with a regular sedan.

Jeromy said...

I'm on my second minivan now and I can say Kia has been the best vehicle for hauling small children, hands down. I am looking forward to the day when my children are out of car-seats and I can get something smaller, with better gas millage. My aging parents just bought a minivan because it is easier to load and unload a wheelchair from that their car.