Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Goodwill Arch

Ahhh, my arch enemy! The pool water looks blue but wouldn't it be nice if I could see the bottom. I spent a lot of time outside farting around with it this weekend. I have never had this much trouble before getting it clear.
And this is Den's arch enemy, the brakes! Before he had to work on DJ's brakes and now it is my van that won't cooperate. When I stop slowly, it sounds like the brakes are growling. It's really not a good noise . He has determined that it is the front passenger's brakes doing it. Mind you, that was the last wheel he checked. Poor guy. Since he replaced everything not that long ago, it should be fine, right? He's done everything that he can think of to fix it, the last step is to buy new rotors and pads and start over.
I am DJ's arch enemy. I keep finding things for him to mow, trim, paint, move or cut back. He said this is his last summer home. I'm starting to wonder if I had anything to do with it.
Saturday night, I went all out and made Sloppy Joe's for dinner. In my entire adult life, I have never made these! How did something so easy get by me? Den loved them. DJ was born Jewish and doesn't eat hamburger or pork. When he was very small, I had to buy him Kosher food otherwise he wouldn't eat it. Mind you, no one in our family is Jewish. So I have no idea where this came from. He also would ask Santa when he was real small if he could be Jewish for Christmas. Santa would look at me and I would nodded yes and then he would tell DJ he would be Jewish. He was such an odd bean.
Sunday, I made a run to Goodwill and messed around with the pool more. Seems there is a theme around here.
Den did more work around the house/garage/vehicles. Then he barbecued. He was awful helpful this weekend. Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that he is going away on a fishing trip this Saturday and doesn't want me to bitch. ;p
How was your weekend? Did you do yard work? Did you bitch?
Tired,
Sonya Ann



9 comments:

SAM said...

I did the bitching, but then had a ig pity party for myself last night-as the world read (the world being 3-12 assorted people around the globe. I prefer my sloppy joes, which aren't much more complex than Manwhich, but the family loves them as well. I really need to give Sluggy's a try. I hope your pool and other nemesis's settle down this week for you all.

slugmama said...

Well the "Up" side of Den's fishing trip is he won't be home on Father's Day so he won't be wanting you to wait on him hand and foot like Hubs will do(and pout if we don't fawn over him enough).
Men....ppppppppfffftttt!

Cheapchick said...

Mothers everywhere take note, have your kids mow, paint and polish and they leave home fast!!! I think you have just found the secret to parenthood :)

Jane said...

Didja find anything good at Goodwill?? I'm due for a thrifting trip soon - it's like an addiction, gotta go there every 2 weeks or I get the shakes! Hey, not only did you buy Manwich sauce but you bought BOLD Manwich sauce!! No half-way for you! I have the same issue with Kazi - for some reason no pork or beef products will pass her lips. So we gave up on the sauce. Well, not all of the sauce, nudge nudge, wink wink!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I do enjoy your posts because there is always something in them to make me laugh. I had a similar thing going on with my car, turned out to be a ball bearing at the right front tire. (We found out after the 2nd trip to the shop since neither of us works on cars)
I am secretly impressed that you have never made Sloppy Joe's before. I am not crazy about them but they are a quick, easy meal so I have made them way more often than I care to admit. (I will confess there have been times when the pickles on top of them were the only vegetable offerings for the meal)
And to D.J. L'Chaim!

Elephant's Child said...

My father who WAS Jewish was very fond of pork which he described as four legged chicken.
Sloppy Joes? Information please.

Michelle said...

Woman! You have never made sloppy joes? How did you get through in life without them? A staple during the school year with tater tots. Seriously. Our pool liner now has popped a few holes. Tired of that thing!

Rachel said...

Manwich-- I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love that it is easy and quick to make and my kids will eat it. But personally I don't like the stuff. I do make it for the family, but I tend to eat something else those nights.

McVal said...

LOL! Love catching up with you! A boy born Jewish.
Reminds me of the Jerk. I was born a poor black child...
ENjoy your last summer with him home! and get him to do as MUCH as possible so it's completely worth it.
I've made sloppy joe calzones. WAY easy...