Sunday, June 26, 2016

Makin' It And Savin' It Sunday

I think this has to be my most favorite post on Penny Hoarder yet. Run over there and read about the Money-Saving challenge. I talk about and read everything that I can about saving money but sometimes, it is much easier to talk about it then it is to do something. Having friends that you had to answer to would definitely help.
Do you talk to your friends about money? Do you think that a money challenge would help you or would it stress you out?
Money lover,
Sonya Ann

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Woo hoo! Game on!

Practical Parsimony said...

Years ago, I had a couple of friends who knew how hard I scrimped and saved. They used that occasion to borrow money because they knew I had it. Every single time, I had to ASK for my money back. They obviously thought I was saving to fund their over-spending.

Janie Junebug said...

I don't have friends. Willy Dunne Wooters doesn't like to discuss money (he's my lover and maybe a friend sometimes). I made a pact with a friend years ago that has helped me not spend money. About twenty-five years ago, celebrities and some regular people started selling things on QVC. I don't know if HSN had started yet. A friend and I agreed that we would never turn on those channels because we might spend money and not stop when we should. I don't know if she stuck with the deal, but I have. I'm sure it's saved me money. I do not own a Miracle Mop, which I don't need anyway.

Love,
Janie