Saturday, June 25, 2016

Our 2016 Mission and Our Favorite Person!!!

Well, here we are again. How about we just talk about what you did this week? Yes, that would be the best thing that we can do. ;p
I'm back in the swing of the yard and all of the work. I guess this is a good thing. I just have to pluck away at it daily. Or should it be pull weeds daily?
The pool is finally clear! This is a major accomplishment. Phew! It looks like it will be good to go on the 4th of July. Oh and speaking of the 4th, guess who decided to throw a bash. Yeah, that would be me. One thing led to another and we have 50+ people coming. Oh well, at least I will have something to write about. It wasn't going to be a big party but then I remember how Donna hasn't been able to have a family get together on her side for a few years. She can't handle the work that it takes t get everyone together. So I said, what the hell invite them all. And then it wasn't fair to invite Donna's side and not my Father in law's side. Did I ever tell you that they are each 1 of 6? Oh and I said bring all the cousins too. Yup, I'm an idiot. Oh and all of the neighbors and some friends of friends sort of thing. Hey, if you are in Antioch, you are invited too. LOL
I spent a lot of time at doctors this week. I mostly have a clean bill of health and I went in for my first booby smashing. Dude, no bueno.
I still have not started working on getting Den's car fixed. Who knew they wouldn't call us?? Yeah, show of hands on this one. We all knew!!!!
I'm going to work on a new budget this weekend. I have to add the cost of some meds. Ahhhhh, the joys of aging. I'm accepting that we are always going to be broke. Sigh.
Den was gone this week fishing. I have to say life is a bit easier without him around. Sad but so true. DJ and I ate out and I just didn't think about food much. Cooking is a much bigger stressor than I knew. I should just stop cooking, right?
This week's favorite person is a place. ;p Well, its Lorraine's Etsy shop. I am so proud and impressed by her. She took a job lose and turned it into something profitable. So run over to her shop and well, shop!!!! 
I hope you are having a great weekend!!
Kicking back,
Sonya Ann

6 comments:

We are: Clamco said...

Thank you so much for the mention and link to my Etsy store! The stats showed 76 visits yesterday with some of them coming from here. I really appreciate it! You're my favorite person!! :-)

Cheapchick said...

Lorraine does rock! Her art is truly cool as is her hubby's. I hope they start selling like hotcakes!

Elephant's Child said...

I am constantly blown away by her skill. And talent. And dedication.
Pretty impressed at you too. If I thought that many people were coming to my house I would velcro myself to the carpet under the bed and refuse to come out.

Janie Junebug said...

My most recent boob smash was much easier than previous boob smashes. The photos of said boobies were taken digitally, which required only three shots and no hanging around afterwards in case the boobs had not been appropriately smashed. The next time I need a boob smashing, I'm going back to those digital boob people.

Love,
Janie

Janie Junebug said...

I visited Lorraine. Very cool stuff. It would make nice gifts for people who are hard to buy for, which is everybody because I don't have money.

Love again,
Janie

Michelle said...

Been doing the boob smash for years now. Good times!