Thursday, June 9, 2016

Sitable Baskets

You're getting a yard update for the day. It just seemed like something you wanted.
This adorable little basket was from a garage sale last year. I was skeptical about it since Den planted such small flowers in it but it has grown quite a bit so it should be full soon enough.
The garden behind the house is going crazy. Den says that he is going to have to dig a lot of it out. He does this every year. He bags up what he digs up and then takes it all to work in my van to give away.
We planted 18 tomato plants this year. I'm hoping for a bumper crop of 6 cherry tomatoes. I think my math is about spot on. We also "lost" two of our baskets that we normally hung on the side of the garage. But good news since I am a hoarder of baskets and glass containers prepared, I had two even cuter baskets waiting.
The new fence still looks great and the roses are coming in. Lots to water but we have had a ton of rain so that's a good thing. It seems like this year getting the yard in order has been harder. We normally, tear into it in a weekend but this year since we have had so much going on, we did it whenever we could find a few minutes or two. I think that is why it still doesn't feel like it has come together yet.
Den had to redo the slats on the bench. He stained it so it still isn't sitable.
I have the feeling that I will have the yard sorted by the end of the season say the first frost. ;p
How about you? Is it sorted?
Not sitting,
Sonya Ann



8 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Your yard looks great. Mine? I am thinking more the 5 year plan rather than the end of the season plan. Come o think about it, I believe I started the 5 year plan about 5 years ago. Oh well!

Practical Parsimony said...

What does he dig up and give away?

My yard will never be done, not because I do a lot, just because I do nothing.

Rachel said...

Your yard looks great! Love the baskets hanging on the garage.

Janie Junebug said...

I DID want a yard update. How did you know? The basket looks so sweet. I hope you have another place to sit. I hate to think of you standing all day and then for some reason not being able to get in your bed.

Love,
Janie

We are: Clamco said...

Your irises are spectacular!

Cheapchick said...

Beautiful yard - we are lucky here so no snow. It still takes a whackload of work getting things nice though. My weeds are really big, does that count?

Elephant's Child said...

Sorted? Cue hysterical laughter.
Nothing over here is sorted. Ever.

Donna Freedman said...

I thought your life was more sordid than sorted. My mistake.

Still sorting things out,
Donna