Monday, July 25, 2016

Clean Killer

I'm not the sort of gal that buys expensive stuff. And that would be because I don't have money to waste. I've been invited to a few Norwex parties but I don't do those sort of parties. Have a BBQ and I'm all in. Don't invite me over to buy stuff. Lovingly said but still, me be poor and I can't be tempted. My MIL is easily tempted though and generous. She bought me the cleaning towels for about $30. Good Lord, these are the best things that I have ever cleaned with. A little elbow grease and a smile and everything is better than its ever been. And I'm not getting a cent for this endorsement. Seriously, if you ever get the chance buy them!!!! Plus I love the fact that the company is trying to help everyone cut down on the toxic chemicals that we use. There is no down side!!!

What kind of bone is this? I mean, I think that it is a rib bone but from what? Yeah, cuz that is a question that everyone needs to ask from time to time. This is the third bone like this that we have found in the 20 years that we have lived here. We found 2 right after we moved in and one just a few days ago. The bothersome thing about this is every time Den digs up the garden we find one. It's probably a rib bone from a dog or something, right?!?!?!
CSI-ing,
Sonya Ann

11 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Perhaps best to bag it up and take it to the cop shop :) Just in case. I have never heard of these - must not have these parties in Canada. Of course I never attend those parties but based on your endorsement now I want one! lol

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am not exactly positive how I jumped from your blog to what I am doing now but after seeing your rib bone I started singing "Dem Bones," which made me open Spotify so I could hear it. The same search brought up Tennessee Ernie Ford's "16 Tons" so I clicked to listen to it. Then I saw the name Ethel Waters pop up so I had to follow that to Duke Ellington's "It Don't Mean a Thing" (I guess she was the one singing) on Ken Burn's Jazz album. Then it was all over. Louis Armstrong "St. Louis Blues", Benny Goodman "Sing,Sing,Sing", Count Basie "Lester Leaps In", Billie Holliday "God Bless the Child", Gene Kupra "Drum Boogie", Dizzy Gillespie"Salt Peanuts",
Thelonious Mont "Straight No Chaser", Weather Report "Birdland". . . .

Now when I get nothing done today I am blaming you and your buried rib!

SAM said...

I get sucked into those things as well-which explains my cupboard of Tupperware that I don't even use for the magic that was promised me, the Pampered chef stone bakeware, not used in 20 years (though I loved the pizza stone until it broke in half. Norwex rags are great, but I lose things like that, and the expensive ones first.

Practical Parsimony said...

Call the police. It is probably a child buried in your garden, fertilizing your tomatoes. My yard will be yielding chicken bones for years because my chickens get chicken to eat.

I will probably never spend that much money on cleaning rags. I've never heard of this company but I will run run run.

When friends invite me to these parties, I decline, telling them I can afford to buy nothing. Then, they beg me to "just come" because numbers of people at the parties count. OOOOOkkkkayyyyy. I go, eat, and am off the hook. Sometimes, I have been known to buy a small thing but nothing like you have. Most of the time, I buy nothing except for Tupperware. Actually, it has been 20 years since I bought Tupperware.

McVal said...

OOH I like those cloths! If I'm invited to a party and have a little extra cash, I buy the cheapest thing they sell. I am the one with the wooden spoons and stone cleaning squares...
and it looks like a homeless person leg bone. It just does.

Jenny Woolf said...

Norwex, never heard of it but anything that makes cleaning easier is fine by me. The bones. Hm Looks like animal rib bone. Maybe some beloved pet from years ago. Doesn't look human anyhow, which is the main thing, methinks.....

Janie Junebug said...

I've never heard of Norwex, but it's okay because no one invites me to any kind of party. I am a party pooper. I don't know anything about your bone. That's probably a good thing.

Love,
Janie

Elephant's Child said...

Yay for a generous MIL. And yay for cleaning without chemicals.
I am too cheap to go to those parties. And no-one invites me. Because they know I am cheap?

Michelle said...

I have these cloths are they are AWESOME!

Jill said...

They sound awesome! Love a good cleaning cloth :-) However I will pass on the bones....lol

Blessings,
Jill

Jane said...

Your weekend rocked! I didn't eat any sandwiches on the weekend but yesterday Kazi took me out to lunch (she won 2 free lunches - it wouldn't happen otherwise!) and my crispy chicken panini was about 10 inches high!! Plus we had greek fries - topped with tzatziki sauce, onions, tomato, cucumber, and yes, fries. Now THAT was exciting!