Thursday, July 7, 2016

Fricking Dried Out

It's either stupid hot here or too cold. Ahhhhh, the joys of living on the IL/WI border.
This is the plant that is giving me the most grief this year. It's not in direct sunlight and all the plants around it are thriving. My guess is because Den planted it Den used coconut lining to hold everything in and it is drying out faster than anything else.
One hour later and a full plastic bottle of water(I refilled an old bottle that had been in the recycling bin. You didn't think that I bought bottled water, did you? That would kill my frugal heart. My inlaws buy bottled water.) and it was back to new. Make sure that you water the plant first and then add the bottle.
Sure you could buy one of those adorable glass globes buy why spend the money? Well to be honest, I would love to have a bunch of the glass globes but I'm cheap or is that too broke to buy them? I'll get back to you on that one.
See these plants are right next to the droopy one and they are doing good!
I mean come on, how fricking cute is that?! Just to brag, I got that planter for $.25 at a garage sale.
That's all I got for ya. Do you use glass globes or plastic water bottles? Say glass globes so I can be envious of you and think that you are rich!!!
Cheap,
Sonya Ann

6 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I use coconut coir in a basket because the coir is supposed to hold the water. Maybe
the more solid containers just hold water better. Maybe that plant just needs more water. Maybe you could use a bottle large enough for the plant and basket and put the plant inside it and the whole thing inside the coir. I'm glad you could revive it. I am sorry you live so far north where it is soooo cold.

Elephant's Child said...

Love the dianthus in the watering can.
Sometimes I think plants just mess with our minds. Because they can.

SAM said...

Plastic water jugs here, but I did buy my MIL one last year for her birthday-clearance from the year before set aside for $2.48 from Target. No richie's here!

We are: Clamco said...

It's a LOT fricking cute! :-)

Anne in the kitchen said...

The plants really are cute!
I am saying I use glass globes just to make you jealous. In reality I use plastic bottles.

Jane said...

Sorry, I just use the hose. My plants are really struggling this year, not because we are in a drought, which we are, but because someone in my neighbourhood gives peanuts in the shell to about 800 local squirrels who then dig up my flowers daily to bury their nuts in. I'd like to get their nuts in a vise!!! The neighbours, not the squirrels!!