Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hangover Plants

One of these days I would like to have a blog post that said, we did nothing all weekend. Haha. The only way for that to happen is if we were very sick. Never mind, busy and healthy isn't that bad.
On Friday, we went to a local produce stand. It's been around since I was a kid and it's being run by the 3rd generation of family members. Pretty cool. We needed some corn for a BBQ we were having on Saturday. You didn't think that we were going to go an entire weekend without a BBQ, did you?
Not only did they sell fruits and vegetables at the stand, you could also by a wooden penis. Who knew they came in crates?
Den and I rarely go out to eat. And that would be because we are normally hosting a BBQ. LOL. But we tried Anastasia's. It was a bit pricey, $33 for two wraps, a beer and a coke. Think we will just stick with our BBQs.
After our pricey but filling meal, we stopped by Menards for more pool chemicals and low and behold, they had plants on clearance. I mean really, how could you say no to $1.25 plants. I couldn't say no and Den couldn't say no.
We got up Saturday and realized that it had been raining and it was soaking wet in the trunk. Sigh, we thought the car was fixed but NOOOOOOOOO! We ran it back over and Den had another fit.
We then came home and Den decided that he would plant the plants. I said just set the pots in the garden and call it a day. Well, being the man that he is, one thing led to another and he had dug up a good portion of the garden. Because isn't that the thing to do when people are on the way over. Mind you, it looks wonderful now that its' done but it could have waited.
This is Uncle Dave. He is my besties uncle. You know how they are English, well he had never done a tequila shot. Whelp, we had to change that! Come to find out, he isn't a tequila sort of guy.
And here are the two reasons for the BBQ! My besties Aunt and daughter. Ann just turned 75 and Bek turned 17.
I had a blast and I think so did everyone else. I just wish that the weather would have cooperated more. It seems that its hot as hell here during the week and then on the weekend, its 65 and too cold to swim. Where do I submit a complaint form to Mother Nature?
Sunday, I slept off the tequila and cleaned ever so slowly. That seems to be my Sundays more and more. Life is good and so is our tequila.
Did you have a BBQ? Did you do shots?
No worm,
Sonya Ann





5 comments:

McVal said...

Come to find out... I don't like worms either.
BUt we're getting the rain today to bring them out... yuck.
You'll get it tomorrow.

Janie Junebug said...

Sixty-five? SIXTY-FIVE? What I wouldn't do for sixty-five degrees is nothing.

Love,
Janie

Elephant's Child said...

I feel tired just reading about your weekend...

Practical Parsimony said...

I am so dripping wet now from the heat. I was not out long, but I still have not fixed my ac. Good job on the plants. And, great that Den planted him. Lots of guys would have put the pots down and hoped you planted them later.

Tequila? noooo, tried it once and cannot do it. I asked for Long Island Tea and it made me ill. They had given me Texas tea which has tequila.

BBQ? No, but I have a brisket to put in the crock pot.

Cheapchick said...

Seriously, I would need a vacation from your life (I need one with mine). Kids are meant to be patience testers. Is your son really going to use a crock pot? Or is Mom just hoping...