Sunday, July 10, 2016

Makin' It And Savin' It Sunday

Do you shop at the Farmer's Market? Plow your way over to The Penny Hoarder and check out "9 Ways to Save Money at the Farmers Market." It's a good and healthy article. ;p
We have gone a few times to the Farmer's Market but really it's a pretty sparse gathering in our town. How about by you? How do you get fresh veg? I go to the Ethnic grocery store about 25 minutes away to get the best veg around. But I'm starting to think that I need to check out the Farmer's Market again. If nothing else, it is a cheap outing.
Digging it,
Sonya Ann

5 comments:

SAM said...

We have one Thursday and Saturday so try to pick up when near. We have a lot of farmer roadside stands that will be even more abundant when sweet corn starts.

Jane said...

We have several farmer's markets but I usually go to a nearby Asian store as their produce is the cheapest and there is so much choice. Sometimes I'll try something new like bok choy just for the heck of it!

Elephant's Child said...

Our Farmers' Markets are not cheap, but have great produce. And it is time I went back.

Anne in the kitchen said...

There is a local farmers market that sells wholesale but it is also open to the general public. You can get great deals as long as you are willing to take what they have. (I am still waiting for a basket of plums and a couple of baskets of peaches)

Practical Parsimony said...

I go to the local farmer's market, 4 blocks from me. However, I price match at wm for all other produce not in the farmer's market--cherries, Vidalia onions, etc. So far, the farmers give me extra produce that I don't pay for at all.