Saturday, July 9, 2016

Our 2016 Mission and Our Favorite Person!!!

I'm still chugging along. Who knew? Anna and Scott have been here since the 5th so we have been running in high gear the entire time. The nice thing is Anna will just do chores if she sees they need to be done. How cool is that!?!?! She will unload the dishwasher or grab everyone's dirty laundry and just take care of it. Hmmmm, maybe she will wear off on DJ. Doubt it!
I did manage to shave $35 off the monthly bills. Well, Anna's bill. We called Geico and changed her home address AGAIN. Guess, Phoenix is much cheaper than Denver.
The grocery bill is a joke. I just have to understand that I can't hold the bill down that low when we have more people here. I'm terrified, yes terrified, of what the water and electric bill is going to be. And I won't even bring up the fact that I have one month to sort the car debt that is on the credit card. It is still at 0%. We were going to take out a car loan for the rest. But we can't get a loan on a smashed car. Oh well, it will sort itself. Reread that last sentence. You know its nuts here when I'm like "oh well" about money.
And our favorite person is SAM from Sam, Coffee, Money and Thyme!!! Pop over and see what is going on in her neck of the woods. She got a project scratched off her To Do List. So happy for her!!!!
Are you saving money? Are you overspending on your grocery budget? Are you scratching things off your To Do List?
Scratcher,
Sonya Ann

6 comments:

slugmama said...

Well at least you didn't buy another car while Den was off fishing(and drinking)this year.

Food $ is just flying out my wallet at an alarming speed so I feel your pain......

Practical Parsimony said...

I only got one thing done this week. I've been holding down the bed. But, I need to deal with blueberries in the refrigerator.

We are: Clamco said...

I have a bed frame that needs to be sanded and painted. I've been putting it off for a couple of months. It's just too hot and humid. I think I have to wait for November weather to git er done. I also need to take down some blinds and wash them. Yeah, not motivated to do that at all. And wash the windows. Ugh!

SAM said...

Aww! thanks for the shout out. I just spent a little over $100 at Aldi's-too much easy food but I am gone for four days and DD2 needs lunches and easy dinners for them both to make. When I am in control, I will keep the costs low. (envision fist clenched, raised and shaking tot he side.)

Elephant's Child said...

It is winter here. And our heating has died. I am dreading the cost to repair it. To the max.

Jane said...

I visit Sam's blog often :) I got a tax rebate which surprised me and made me feel rich for a couple of hours! Which is how long it took me to spend it.