Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tired and Cracked 4th

I'm so tired my fingers don't want to type. Yuck. It's been a long and work filled weekend. I'll be glad to get back to my regularly scheduled program but I have the feeling that it's going to be even longer seeing that Anna and Scott are in too. Maybe my program should just be surviving.
This was one of the projects that was on the to do list for this year. The house is settling so that means the stoop cracked and looked like crap. Yay, for old houses.
Den boxed it out and then realized that since the stoop settled it wasn't going to be even. He ended up using old wood as shimmies to even it out. Nothing ever goes smoothly, does it?
And done! He stained it with some stain that we bought from a garage sale for $.50. The project was $82.84. Not too bad and the house looks so much better.
Pretty much the entire weekend was yard work, weeding, house work, setting up,cooking and bossing DJ around. Chores are good for 20 year olds.  
It was a fun though. We had 36 people and from the sounds of it we will have more next year. My inlaws are getting older so we decided to make it a family reunion and invote both Donna's side and Dennis' side. I'm just glad that everyone gets along.
The alcohol was free flowing and we had a ton of food.
Den even managed to get in some guitar time. He's still cute. I, on the other hand, looked like I was going to sweat to death.
My nephew looks like he is going to have a fit. The kids were pretty tired. The pool water was only 75 but it didn't bother them much. DJ and Jordan were on babysitting duty so they didn't seem too pleased. It's good for them, sort of like birth control.
This week will probably be just as crazy. Anna and Scott will be in. My sister in law, Cindy and her hubs, Chris are going on vacation and leaving the boys with my inlaws. I'm sure we will be seeing the boys and trying to help. We are also having a birthday party for Scott here on Friday. And then Saturday is the family volleyball tournament. I'm sure more madness will ensue.
Did you have a fun 4th? Did you drink? Did you blow up shit?
Resting,
Sonya Ann
P.S-Run over to sluggy's and enter her giveaway!!! Or just win it and forward it to me.


6 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...


Didn't drink. Didn't blow up shit. Slept too much. But, you had enough fun for both of us.

None of the neighbors in the rent houses tried to shoot off illegal fireworks. That was a plus.

Cheapchick said...

Excellent news, you survived and nobody died - always the sign of a successful party! And more partying to come. Why are parties so much darn work?

Anne in the kitchen said...

I think you and Den should come to Alabama for a bit. I have a fguest room,ully stocked bar and lots of projects (No one here is handy) plus I am a pretty good cook. Deal?

McVal said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time and the front stoop looks fantastic! Tell Den Good job!!!

We were exhausted on the night of fireworks and I opened the shade so they'd wake me up. We have a good view from our bedroom. However in the morning I asked Meri if they even had fireworks and sure enough they did! She watched with friends from the town pool...
So yeah.. we slept through them.

Elephant's Child said...

Tired and cracked is a perfect description of me.
Love that you survived - and that everyone else did too.

SAM said...

I left the cabin before booze and blowing up shit, but took in the city fireworks and a nice river walk. I feel more sane than other years at the end of 4th of July.