Saturday, August 20, 2016

Accomplished?

I normally post about what I accomplish on Saturdays. I'm calling it-I got it all done.
DJ and I left on Monday morning at about 9:30am. I figured since he had never driven in Chicago, we would miss all of the traffic if we left then. I was so so wrong. I was the lead and I somehow managed to ditch him leaving our damned neighborhood. How the hell does that even happen?!?!?! Not a good start. I finally had to call him and tell him to get his ass in gear. I told him I would slow down to 70 and he needed to kicked up to 80. He started complaining and I yelled at him. In a difficult situation, I will yell at you until you do what I want. Anna says it somehow has a soothing effect. Feel the sooth.
The traffic was so fierce at times that I thought to myself, well the boy had a good life and it was nice knowing him.
We stopped in IN and we went to my favorite Chinese buffet. This is what the kid looked like after driving through Chicago and then Gary. He looks older.
After a few more hours of driving, we made it to the apartment. DJ is living with Cammie and Lincoln. Cammie moved in first. She had most of the stuff since she had an apartment before.
It is an adorable 4 bedroom. And Cammie gets most of the credit. She is a sweet girl and fixed it up with second hand and hand me downs.
Then DJ and I got busy hauling crap back to his apartment. Two days of moving/buying crap.
He brought the bedroom furniture that he had at home. It's heavy. Very heavy.
When the three roomies were deciding how to split everything, Cammie wanted her own bathroom. That was a good call. Lincoln wanted the biggest bedroom. Cammie got the second largest bedroom. DJ got the smallest bedroom and then claimed the fourth bedroom as a game room. They all got something.

This is his actual bedroom. He's happy and packed in there.
It was a hell of a trip and I managed to charge so much that I locked up 2 credit cards for fraudulent charges. That ate up 30 minutes to straighten out. But I was glad to be sitting. It was hot and I was tuckered out.

I'm back and sad. I have no kids at home. DJ's empty room isn't helping me any. But I will say that it is easy to clean. Anna did text and say that she has quite a bit of time off and can now plan a trip home. I suspect that Den had something to do with her text. It was almost perfectly timed. I'll be fine. I just need to fix up the room like I did Anna's.
I spent the end of the week trying to get caught up around here. 
So what have you been up to lately? What did I miss in your world?
Tired,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

Cheapchick said...

You made it home alive! And he made it to school alive! You must be doing something right lol. Instead of feeling gloomy that your kids are gone you need to make a list of all the shit you want to do now that your kids are gone (said in a most positive note)

slugmama said...

Now you can come visit ME!!!

If you get too sad I'll let you bought my daughter(and the BF is you want that too but he is nothing like DJ and doesn't yell and be sarcastic at you).

Glad you both survived the ordeal.
Do you have to do this again next Summer? lolz

cheryl soergel said...

Don't be too sad, your dd might return home after three years away and decide to stay with you ( mine did). I would have your son's face if I made that trip too. Cheryl

Practical Parsimony said...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=befhp-s&p=ray+stevens+when+the+kids+are+gone#id=6&vid=e083ece29328525ddd21b04474c05b70&action=click

That is one suggestion.

I think there is a Ray Stevens song about how he overheard his mama say she could not wait until he was gone so she and her husband could walk around naked and make love in the kitchen. He is the singer who had The Streak and Mississippi Squirrel Revival.

Just scrub down the kitchen.

Elephant's Child said...

Well done you. Of course you are tired (exhausted) and of course you are sad.
Time to concentrate on you.

Jenny Woolf said...

I am not surprised you are tired out. And tired often leads to sad. I hope you feel better soon.

We are: Clamco said...

Oh that poor child. His face says it all. lol. Glad everyone survived.

SAM said...

I have to read out of order and get caught up on the week that was Sonya Ann. Ohh, college kids, and young adult kids, and spouses....

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love that face in the picture. It reminds me of the time when I was 18, driving through rush hour in Atlanta, following my now Husband to leave a car for his brother in law to drive home from National Guard Camp. All the now Husband said was just follow me, no details of which exit off 85 I was supposed to take__and then he zoomed off leaving me in the dust. I must have good instincts or some weird psychic sense because I decided to try an exit about 15 or so miles up the road, got off and there he sat on the side exit ramp. I had already decided since I was driving the now Husbands car anyway the worst case scenario would be to head west and drive home to Birmingham, leaving his ass stranded in Atlanta. If one of us had to be left behind, it was not going to be me

Now start redecorating! I suggest you create a music room, get a drum kit, and take up head banging!

Janie Junebug said...

Following my ex-husband in a car was unbearable. He always took off and left me so I had no idea where he was (it was pre-cell phone days, of course). It was intentional on his part, of course, to annoy the hell out of me and to frighten me because I was lost. Eventually, I smartened up and refused to follow him anywhere. If he needed to take his car in for service and get a ride to work, he asked someone at the dealership to drive him and pick him up, or he asked a co-worker. Whatever needed to be done, he had to work it out for himself. Then I got rid of him. That photo of DJ makes him look as if he drove through hell.

Love,
Janie