Thursday, August 11, 2016

Blooming Pesto

We haven't gone for a stroll around the yard lately. Are you up for it?
The deck is still a wonderful addition to the front of the house. Haha, get it? Yeah, I need help.
The garden in the middle yard is happy as hell.
Remember how I tried to plant Morning Glories for years and had no luck. We even put up the trellis in hopes of growing them. Now that I have given up, they are growing like a weed(see what I did there) in the corner behind the trellis.
This is my herb garden by the back door. I'm a bit scared that it is going to swallow up a small child. I think its time to trim everything back. Or make pesto.

This is a plant that my MIL got me cuz she like me. I am pretty sure she is the only one. ;p
This is Den's favorite plant. Mind you, he bought it for me for Mothers day.
Hard to believe but I am growing cherry tomatoes and they are thriving!!!!! I've gotten a few handfuls already. Go me! Go tomatoes!!!
And for the backyard! It is still there. Who knew?!?!?!
These are the odds and ends that I didn't know what to do with so I put them up against the fence. Maybe this is where DJ should live.
And this is my favorite plant in the yard. Den planted this one but I'll take credit for keeping it alive.
And that's all I got for ya. Is it a slow news day at your house too? Do you have a garden?
Growing,
Sonya Ann

4 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Wow, your yard is doing great! We just went under water restriction (much later than last summer) so likely it will be difficult to keep things alive now. Your herb garden is amazing! I had to chop my rosemary back by half as it keeps trying to take over its flower box.

Practical Parsimony said...

I like your favorite plant and Den's favorite plant. Your herb garden is amazing!

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE your garden.
And pesto.

Wendy @ The contented Cavern said...

My garden is still evolving and the only thing of any colour is the cabin which is blue however next year it will be an oasis of peace and tranquility full of colourful blooms and herbs (hopefully) lol yours looks gorgeous